Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

2 posters

New Toy in my shop

Lowlid
    Lowlid

New Toy in my shop Empty New Toy in my shop

Post  Lowlid Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:34 am

Over the last few days I have been completing a deal for a Quincy 2-stage compressor. I have had a Dayton Speedaire compressor in my shop for the last 30 plus years. Never a problem with it, but I have always wanted a Quincy. In my opinion they are the Rolls Royce of air compressors.

So yesterday, I unloaded my new find. Bought from a guy that ran a small body shop and has been forced out of business by the economy. This compressor was in service for about a year and it supplied spray booth air only. It was not used to run body shop air tools. Other than a little paint chipping off a cover on the side of the pump it looks brand new.

New Toy in my shop Quincy006

I hope to get it installed over the next week or so.

Andrew
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

New Toy in my shop Empty Hey Dude, you're gettin a Quincy !!!

Post  Darkside Dave Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:00 am

Hi Andrew,

Yep, you can't get better than that. Those things last forever... Well at least I know the old ones do. My son came across two Big Ingersol-Rand compressors complete with tanks and controls. He gave one to a friend for helping move them. The best part is that they were free. He took the 5HP one and his buddy took the 7.5 HP one. The down side is that they were both three phase motors. Of course that was not a really big problem because I have the stuff here to build him a rotary phase converter. I have several really good sources for the parts to build the converters. I have one of my own for my Bridgeport mill and some othe smaller three phase stuff. I built a 10 HP unit for my neighbor and it works great.

Anyway, congratulations on your new compressor. I'm sure you are going to be spoiled by it.

Later Man...

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:42 pm