Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

3 posters

Another "FNG"

Kaptn' Obvious
    Kaptn' Obvious

Another "FNG" Empty Another "FNG"

Post  Kaptn' Obvious Tue May 25, 2010 4:53 am

I'm yet another DarkSide Dave recruit. A machinist by trade and Daydreamer/gear head. If I can't find what I want I make it, or call in a favor. I've built, fixed or upgraded every car I've owned.

I have two projects in the works, and 2 more close behind.

I'm a year and some change into project "Bertha" 77 Bronco. This is the lady's truck. The scope is to turn it into a "Prius Pusher" Well mannered on the highway, yet trail ready. A cruiser that you're not afraid to get dirty.

I'm collecting parts for my 95 Tbird. "Scarlett" Another weekend warrior. The plan is a twin turbo 600+hp DOHC 4.6 pushing a viper spec T56 Miss Scarlett has been my beast of burden for 6 years. It's time to retire her. I've just started building the motor. Haven't located the tranny yet or found another Daily driver.

I talked my dad into selling me his 94 F150 work truck 300/6 5 speed. Short bed, dual tanks, towing package. He bought it new, needs suspension and a new exhaust manifold. It's not exactly a project, but nice to keep the truck in the family. I should be able to put it close to as new status in a weekend or two.

My new old favorite project "Janice" 68 LeMans. 12 years ago I built this car for the ex. She wanted a Mustang eater. I swapped the Pontiac 350 to an icky-bad-nasty titanium rodded chevy 9K RPM Chevy 350. The long and short of it is her father bought the car new. She wrecked it. Dad drove it to the insurance company for an estimate and promptly put the car on jack stands after he got home. (she was not to drive it again EVER) It's been there for 10 years. He offered to sell it to me, I think I'll take him up on it.

My main issue at this point is space. I'm looking into buying some land and a steel building. I'd love to have 2/3 shop space & 1/3 living space. If anyone has $.02 I'd love to hear it.

Oh, and Dave If you're still in need of moderators let me know?

J
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Another "FNG" Empty Re: Another "FNG"

Post  Darkside Dave Tue May 25, 2010 10:53 am

Aye Kaptn'

We can always use moderators but not for the same reason those other boards need them... So far our group here doesn't need supervising as some others do. We have a pretty good bunch here that are here for the builds and the ideas, not to argue and flame everyone. We have also avoided Chevy vs. Ford vs, Mopar etc. stuff. So, let me know what areas you are interested in and you got the job. Here a moderator is more of a promoter of the board and categories of interest to he or she. Hopefully you will even bring along some friends.

Your idea of a garage/home is something I would have probably done years ago if I were on my own. I'm an old geezer now and I'm still married to my first wife who would never tolerate living in the manner that I would like. It's a stretch for here to accept me as I am now with all my rolling stock around. She says she feels like we are living in a combination used car lot, trailer sales, junkyard. I even have the Rottweiler to go with the junkyard part. As much as I would like more space I really don't want to get into buying and or building. I have often said that if I were on my own my ideal set up would be a four or five stall pole building with a permanent hook up for my camper in one end and that is where I would live and at the other end there would be space for my lathes, milling machine, welders and other large stuff. I would have at least one lift also. Outside would be all crushed limestone with an 8' fence with barbed wire on top and at least a space in the rear for about ten vehicles as I always seem to have several donors laying around. If I were really well off I would probably make it a two story building with living quarters up stairs with inside and outside entrances. hey, as long as we're dreaming...

It seems you have a lot going on there project wise. Hopefully you will be able to get some pictures posted and start a couple of build threads. I always make them stickys so they stay grouped at the tops of their perspective categories.

OK, I think that covers everything... Welcome to the Darkside and bring some friends along. And don't forget...

Another "FNG" DARTHandCOOKIE

Later Man...
    DL BOGART
    DL BOGART

Another "FNG" Empty shouse - Shop/House, def: garage with living quarters - the ultimate domicile

Post  DL BOGART Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:22 am

The ultimate domicile for the male homo-sapien, however usually not acceptable to female of said species.....Nor considered espacially condusive to the atraction of/bonding with said female.
    Kaptn' Obvious
    Kaptn' Obvious

Post  Kaptn' Obvious Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:39 pm

I beg to differ. I have many a happy picture of the lady working on her truck. I'd post one, but my hosting seems to be M.I.A. at the moment...
    DL BOGART
    DL BOGART

Another "FNG" Empty lady

Post  DL BOGART Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:16 pm

Then you have found a rare and precious example to value beyond any price. A fortunate man you are!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm