Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

2 posters

Hopefully I'm not just dreaming: 289 HIPO, Hp/Ft.Lbs. expectancy?

shameless
    shameless

Hopefully I'm not just dreaming: 289 HIPO, Hp/Ft.Lbs. expectancy? Empty Hopefully I'm not just dreaming: 289 HIPO, Hp/Ft.Lbs. expectancy?

Post  shameless Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:48 pm

ok, I may be asking for a good taunting. But I was wondering what the max performance expectancy would be on my 289 hipo. with out a supercharger, with supercharger, should I even consider nos. Nos with supercharger, nos without? wondering what your opinions would be.

I may be off my rocker, but I'd love to hit 400 rear wheel Hp. Even if it takes a supercharger to do so. (although I'd love to get close without help, it just isnt gonna happen. lol.)

I'm pretty green when it comes to knowing what to look at when it comes to building a motor, (I know whats in a motor, just not wich size cams, lifters, etc.) Feel free to take me to school if you'd like. lol

I do know that statisticly, the HIPO's had 271hp from factory with a 4barrel carb. but I'm sure that was at the crank, not the wheels. According to Wikipedia, Carol Shelby got around 390 hp with a supercharger, could I get near 400 "rear wheel" hp. with nos, or am I just asking for trouble going that route? lol
    charger
    charger

Hopefully I'm not just dreaming: 289 HIPO, Hp/Ft.Lbs. expectancy? Empty Re: Hopefully I'm not just dreaming: 289 HIPO, Hp/Ft.Lbs. expectancy?

Post  charger Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:10 am

should be able to achieve 400 hp at the wheels with a supercharger or turbo,few years ago i built a 5.0l, bored it to a 306, trick flow pistons 8.5to1,trick flow heads,intake,bigger injectors, we dynoed the car and it made 395 at the rear wheels,had a supercharger set up for 14 lbs never installed it but i was gunning for 550 hp.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:01 am