Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

day dreaming bout goofy things

55f350

day dreaming bout goofy things

Post  55f350 on Mon May 25, 2009 9:42 pm

ok here's one for ya . as i said i bought a 95 bird with a 4.6 dirt cheap . weellll .... i have been looking at " stuff " { dont wanna say speed parts as the wife will come in and ring my neck as the 53 has become quite the project }for it and found an adapter plenum that bolts to a conventional square flange carb pad , but accepts the ford throttle body . i have been having illicit thoughts of adapting all the injectino pieces to the flatty , from another donor car , but haven't quite figured out what to do with the ignition as it's tied in so ..... any idea's ??? the 4.6 uses a cam sensor and god knows what else i haven't fingered out yet .
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Re: day dreaming bout goofy things

Post  Darkside Dave on Mon May 25, 2009 10:14 pm

I don't know man, I get a headache just thinkin' 'bout that.

Latter Man...

Darkside Dave
    55f350

Post  55f350 on Wed May 27, 2009 4:23 am

i know but it keeps the wheels turning in the head instead of it being just a hat rack . was shooting the stuff with bud j a old friend of our families and he pointed me to an msd system that might work and we discussed ways to make the cam and crank sensors functional .... wont do it though as i need to keep it simple for obvious reasons { like i beat the snot out of it daily } but it sure gives me something to entertain . got a freind with a 59ab flatty he's not using or sure what to do with , a line on a cab and frame from a 48 1/2 ton that'd be perfect for a " unfinished rod " experiment with the goofy ideas !!!!!!!!!!!!! now im gonna go see if i can figure out how to post a pic here ..... if it aint simple im lost !!! techtarded ya know .................. Very Happy
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave on Wed May 27, 2009 10:14 am

Hi Kevin,
    Dreaming is good... Of course there is always the chance of having to deal with the DEA and the ATF if people see what you are up to.

On a more serious note, posting pics is not hard. First you use the hosting feature if you do not have a place on the web for your pics. If you do have them posted someplace you just put the link in to where they are. You use the two icons that look like a computer screen.

Later Man...

Darkside Dave
    55f350

Post  55f350 on Sat May 30, 2009 4:22 am

harder than ya think dave ! i really am kind of a techtard ! GENERALLY I START MESSING WITH THE 'PUTOR AND BAD THINGS HAPPEN . LAST TIME , A WEEK OR SO AGO NOW , IT WAS LIL' MISS 'PUTOR PERFECT !! THE WIFEY . SHE CRASHED IT ! STILL TRYING TO REMEMBER ALL THE THINGS I HAD SAVED ...................ooops hit the caps lock .................
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave on Sat May 30, 2009 7:44 am

Wifies will do stuff like that... Then they do the Steve Urkel thing... Did I do that ??? The guy version is My Bad !!

When you are ready I will tell you how.

Later Man...

Dave
    havi

Post  havi on Sat May 30, 2009 9:31 am

Here's food for thought: there are aftermarket parts to make the 4.6 look like an Ardun powered flathead.
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave on Sun May 31, 2009 11:46 am

havi wrote:Here's food for thought: there are aftermarket parts to make the 4.6 look like an Ardun powered flathead.

This may sound really short sided thought wise but I gotta ask... Why ???

Maybe I have lived a life that is lacking in something...

Later Man...

Darkside Dave
    havi

Post  havi on Sun May 31, 2009 6:10 pm

For those who want to imitate the Ardun powered street rod with exposed engine such as a Model A or Deuce, as opposed to running the real thing? But if a 4.6 powered Crown Vic is your donor car, who wouldn't want to run one of these on top, lol?
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave on Sun May 31, 2009 6:23 pm

I don't know Man... It looks cool but it also looks expensive and like there would be constant work adjusting the combo. Kind of like those multi carbed motorcycles...

later Man...

Dave
    autocrosser

Post  autocrosser on Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:12 pm

Darkside Dave wrote:I don't know Man... It looks cool but it also looks expensive and like there would be constant work adjusting the combo. Kind of like those multi carbed motorcycles...

later Man...

Dave
    No adjustments needed, that's a new EFI system disguised to look like a carb setup (we need a drool smilie!). Really cool!

AFA the EFI on the flathead, you would need provisions for a lot more than just the throttle body, a daunting task in MO.
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave on Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:06 pm

autocrosser wrote:
    Darkside Dave wrote:I don't know Man... It looks cool but it also looks expensive and like there would be constant work adjusting the combo. Kind of like those multi carbed motorcycles...

later Man...

Dave
    No adjustments needed, that's a new EFI system disguised to look like a carb setup (we need a drool smilie!). Really cool!

AFA the EFI on the flathead, you would need provisions for a lot more than just the throttle body, a daunting task in MO.

Hmmm... Goes to show what I don't know about it. It is pretty though. Probably pretty expensive too...

Later...

Post  autocrosser on Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:16 pm

Darkside Dave wrote:
    autocrosser wrote:

later Man...

Dave

Hmmm... Goes to show what I don't know about it. It is pretty though. Probably pretty expensive too...

Later...

Depends if you consider 5K expensive???
    havi

Post  havi on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:29 pm

It's BLING!! lol.
    55f350

Post  55f350 on Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:43 pm

why disguise the 4.6 scott ????????? i'd want a set of valve covers and maybe that purty intake above and try and make it look like an old 427 cammer .......... i seen that efi systen your talking about in a magazine somewhere , and while nice i really feel it would lose some of the charm the cranky ol' girl has . and cranky just refers to her temperment at times . she ran for the better part of 4 months , everyday , in traffic , with leaking head gaskets , and never overheated or stranded me . now if i can stop dragging home stuff like the bird , and latch onto another old ford truck to build a unfinished ride well i'd love the efi etc. just to hopefully suprise the living daylights outta a few newer cars . i do however have an interesting scenario developing ... i got a guy at the postal plant who has hand surgery and can no longer wheel his daily and wants to trade me for the bird even up . a 53 chevy 2 door sedan replete with 6 volt , six cylinder , cast iron powerglide , and would make an interesting vehicle to play with the techno goodies on ........... just don't know if i wanna yet .

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:42 am