Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

4 posters

Tomget's trucks

tomget
    tomget

Tomget's trucks Empty Tomget's trucks

Post  tomget Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:39 pm

I just joined today so I hope I'm posting this correctly. I've got 5 trucks, no cars, and a nice
    Trek 5200 road bike--I need the exercise-otherwise I'd like to have a Harley.

48KB1 International Harvestor,chopped,mild channel,Chevy350,3spd.
    48F1 312Yblock,older Lincoln rear end,everything else OEM,16"wheels+bias ply,vintage steel camper shell
    49F1 flathead 6, all OEM, 6volt,hasn't run in 30?years,rusty,old farm truck from Georgia-future project?
    58F100 Big rear window,460,C6,9inch nodular w/locker,tubs,roll bar,4link,steel tilt front end,the works..
    92Ranger 2.3L,blue printed motor,limitslip,slapper bars, I used to drag race it at Infinion Wed night brackets

I've been a car/truck hot rod guy since I was a kid building model cars. I joined the Corvette Club of America when I was 13 or so, but never did actually get one of those things. No money. I've spent most of my life with trucks. Earlier I went through a sports car phase. I like doing my own fab, paint, and welding etc as best possible and trucks are my favorite. I'm a horrible mechanic, but I teach myself and do the best I can by getting help from sites and car mag how to articles etc. I've taken some big absences of a decade or two when other duties pulled me away from the trucks, but I do my own paint/body work welding etc. I try to buy mechanical stuff in a "box". Even then I sometimes break it. But I get by. Looking forward to hearing what you all are building.
    Lowlid
    Lowlid

Tomget's trucks Empty Re: Tomget's trucks

Post  Lowlid Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:59 pm

Tom,

I, also enjoy welding, any kind of fabrication, and I do paint. (although I don't enjoy it like I did when younger, since I did it professionally for a lot of years.)

Hope you've got pictures of some of your fabrication!! I really enjoy seeing what others are dreaming up.

Andrew

Last edited by Lowlid on Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:52 pm

tomget wrote:I just joined today so I hope I'm posting this correctly. I've got 5 trucks, no cars, and a nice
    Trek 5200 road bike--I need the exercise-otherwise I'd like to have a Harley.

48KB1 International Harvestor,chopped,mild channel,Chevy350,3spd.
    48F1 312Yblock,older Lincoln rear end,everything else OEM,16"wheels+bias ply,vintage steel camper shell
    49F1 flathead 6, all OEM, 6volt,hasn't run in 30?years,rusty,old farm truck from Georgia-future project?
    58F100 Big rear window,460,C6,9inch nodular w/locker,tubs,roll bar,4link,steel tilt front end,the works..
    92Ranger 2.3L,blue printed motor,limitslip,slapper bars, I used to drag race it at Infinion Wed night brackets

I've been a car/truck hot rod guy since I was a kid building model cars. I joined the Corvette Club of America when I was 13 or so, but never did actually get one of those things. No money. I've spent most of my life with trucks. Earlier I went through a sports car phase. I like doing my own fab, paint, and welding etc as best possible and trucks are my favorite. I'm a horrible mechanic, but I teach myself and do the best I can by getting help from sites and car mag how to articles etc. I've taken some big absences of a decade or two when other duties pulled me away from the trucks, but I do my own paint/body work welding etc. I try to buy mechanical stuff in a "box". Even then I sometimes break it. But I get by. Looking forward to hearing what you all are building.

Hey Tom,

I can see you have found the right place. Don't worry about what you don't know. That is what this place is for. Share what you are good at and learn from others what you meed to know.

Enjoy the board...
    tomget
    tomget

Post  tomget Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:20 pm

Andrew

I was cruising around the site-did I ever get back to you when you asked for some pics of recent fab work?

Anyway I think i forgot. Sorry. Here's a truck I finished a few years back. I did a mild chop and channel on it. It was my first attempt at both. I've probably painted 10cars in my life. So every time I start on something I have to read about paints etc like I've never done it before, because either its been so long since the last time that I've forgotten and or here in Calif the environmental laws result in different paints being used every couple years etc. I used it daily for 4 or 5 years in my window cleaning business,from which I am retired, but I use it now as my daily driver. And its held up really well. 1948 International Harvestor KB1 Chevy350,3spd manual,55Chevy rear.

Good luck
    Tom

Tomget's trucks 03-13-2006-15-30-00-788_edited-1

Tomget's trucks 03-13-2006-15-09-49-22_edited-1

Tomget's trucks B0001298

Tomget's trucks B0001296

Tomget's trucks 03-13-2006-15-41-52-194_edited-1

Tomget's trucks 03-13-2006-15-47-55-413_edited-1

Tomget's trucks 48IH
    stevof1
    stevof1