Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

3 posters

Old Photos of a variety of motorcycles.

Lowlid
    Lowlid

Old Photos of a variety of motorcycles. Empty Old Photos of a variety of motorcycles.

Post  Lowlid Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:07 am

Looking through an old album tonight, I thought some of you might like to see some of the stuff we used to ride in the 60's. I have always been an avid motorcyclist. I've tried my hand at drag racing, short track, tt scrambles, hare and hounds, and motocross. I also street ride which is probably more dangerous than any of the racing that I did. Longest bike trip I've made was a little over 5200 miles.

Old Photos of a variety of motorcycles. AndrewEwingCushmans

This was my first powered 2-wheeler. A 1954 Cushman Eagle with a 8 hp flathead single cylinder engine and a 2 speed trans. shifted by a lever on the left side of the tank and a semi-auto clutch that was controlled by a pedal on the left floor boar.

I went from this to a 1957 Mustang Pony with a Bronco transmission. Didn't own it very long, but sure wish I had it back today. Also picked up a 1941 45 cubic inch flathead Harley while living in California. It had a suicide clutch, and a 3 speed trans. that shifted on the left side of the tanke. I have a picture of this beast, I just have to find it.

Then I got modern and bought a new 1965 Yamaha yds3 Catatlina.

I sold the Yamaha and bought a wrecked 1961 A7 BSA. After a little darksiding on it, this was how it looked. Friend in the background on a new 1966 XLCH Harley Sportster.

Old Photos of a variety of motorcycles. Philandrew

Bought a 1966 Yamaha Big Bear Scrambler

Old Photos of a variety of motorcycles. Scan0005

Here I have a variety of pictures of friends out riding.

Old Photos of a variety of motorcycles. Olgang1

Old Photos of a variety of motorcycles. Oldgang

Old Photos of a variety of motorcycles. Scan0015

I've got quite a few old photos from the 60's. I'll post more later if any interest is shown.

Andrew
    havi
    havi

Old Photos of a variety of motorcycles. Empty Re: Old Photos of a variety of motorcycles.

Post  havi Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:41 am

Nice pics! I've been looking off and on for a Honda Super 90 for my dad as a project.
    Lowlid
    Lowlid

Old Photos of a variety of motorcycles. Empty Re: Old Photos of a variety of motorcycles.

Post  Lowlid Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:35 am

havi wrote:Nice pics! I've been looking off and on for a Honda Super 90 for my dad as a project.

We had 2 guys in our little group that rode Super 90's and they were tough as nails. They were a lot of fun and took about anything you threw at them. I haven't seen one of these in years. I guess there's still some around.

Andrew
    FRANKENTRUCK
    FRANKENTRUCK
    Admin

Post  FRANKENTRUCK Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:02 pm

Love those old pictures. Would love to see the others too!
    Lowlid
    Lowlid

Post  Lowlid Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:45 pm

More old pics from back in the day..............

1966 Suzuki X6 Hustler that was built into a drag bike after the owner (pictured) crashed on the stock bike and it was totaled. He had a broken leg, so being the friends that we were, a couple of us campaigned the bike through that summer for him while he was on crutches.

Old Photos of a variety of motorcycles. BarbersMuseum005

Me, preparing to stage at Union Hill Dragstrip near Goodletsville, Tn. Please take note of all the safety gear I'm wearing.... Tee shirt, jeans, penny loafers. Hey... at least I had on a helmet.

Old Photos of a variety of motorcycles. Andrewx6atthehill

Old Photos of a variety of motorcycles. Unionhillandrew-1

Same bike at Riverside Raceway just outside Nashville, Tn.

Old Photos of a variety of motorcycles. Philriversidedragstrip

61 BSA

Old Photos of a variety of motorcycles. Bsa1

Same bike after a repaint and some plating and polishing.

Old Photos of a variety of motorcycles. BarbersMuseum001

1966 Yamaha Big Bear Scrambler. 1966 305 street version of the scrambler in the back.

Old Photos of a variety of motorcycles. Oldgang3

Old friends from way back in the day..............

Old Photos of a variety of motorcycles. FredMayo

Old Photos of a variety of motorcycles. Scan0018

Old Photos of a variety of motorcycles. Scan0017

1965 Yamaha 250 Catalina

Old Photos of a variety of motorcycles. Andrew1

I'll post more as I get them scanned.

Andrew
    FRANKENTRUCK
    FRANKENTRUCK
    Admin

Post  FRANKENTRUCK Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:32 pm

Those are some really great pics Lowlid

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:20 am