Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

4 posters

1955 F-100

Jaye
    Jaye

1955 F-100 Empty 1955 F-100

Post  Jaye Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:42 am

I've been working on my truck for the past 20 years I purchased it in Galatin, TN for $800 drove it away; a few miles down the road I realized I need brakes to stop and steering to keep it on the road so I pulled over and got a tow truck. The only original part left on the truck is the spindles and engine every other part has been changed out over the years. I'm running a 1971 302 w/C4 trans, drop axle w/disc on the front & 8.8 Explorer rear end, reverse fiberglass hood.[img][/img]
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

1955 F-100 Empty Re: 1955 F-100

Post  Darkside Dave Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:18 am

Hey Jaye,
    How's it goin buddy??? Did you ever get your front fenders painted? If not, don't feel bad because I have never done anything with the Fenders I bought from you last year. I'm still collectinmg parts and trying to get the Scoobygator project out of the shop so I can get started on my trucks.

Later Man...
    Jaye
    Jaye

Post  Jaye Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:21 am

Not yet Dave, I plan on going up to the National Parts Depot tomorrow and get new bed sides, then I'll be looking for a painter maybe by the fall it'll be painted if I have the money.
    talk to you later
    Holmsey
    Holmsey

Post  Holmsey Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:54 pm

Hi I have a 55, was imported from California to the Uk in 2003. I Ran it for 18mth as a stocker all bar a 302 and a C4. Took 3 1/2yr to re-build into I truck I feel is a pleasure now to drive. Got Jaguar suspension, steering and brakes rest is all Ford, yep a Ford in a Ford.
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:43 pm

Hi Dave,
    A lot of people here are finding Jags and using the suspension. I understand it works out pretty well. Thanks for posting.

Later Man...
    Jaye
    Jaye

Post  Jaye Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:15 pm

Holmsey,
    I went through your gallery a few days ago; man that an awsome build you did I really like the finish product. There was a lot of thought, planning, and hard work on your part.
    Lowlid
    Lowlid

Post  Lowlid Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:50 pm

Jaye

I noticed that you said your truck was bought in Galatin, Tn. Do you live in Tennessee? I live south of Nashville in Lavergne, not far from the Nissan mfg. plant.

Andrew
    Jaye
    Jaye

Post  Jaye Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:42 am

When I was stationed at Ft Campbell I lived in Clarksville, I live in SC now
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:36 am

Hey Andrew,
    Holmsey is in the UK, you know... Merry old England and all the rot. Where he lives he's the only guy on the block with the steering wheel on the wrong side.

Later Man...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:39 am