Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

4 posters

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S....

kiwiford
    kiwiford

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Empty New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S....

Post  kiwiford Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:17 am

OK, down here in New Zealand we have a few car shows for no jappa's. Why the interest in US vehicles? Easy, American vehicles stopped being imported to NZ by the official channels in the '30's of '40's, so any U.S vehicles down here have pretty much been privately imported. What do we get as cars down here? Pommy shitboxes and jappa's and Australian built vehicles, the perception down here is US vehicles are too expensive to run. Lately Dodge and Chrysler have been bought here officially, but only the smaller ones in the range. The expensive to run part is from vehicles from the '50's and '60's, that and NZ importers really gauge us for parts for US vehicles.
    Any way, I have been promising Dave I will post pic's, so here they be, enjoy...oh, there is a test at the end too!!

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011017

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011071

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011059

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011053

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011052

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011051

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011050

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011040

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011034

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011036

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011032

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011030

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011029

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011027

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011026

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011023

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011022

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011021

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011020

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011019

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011016

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011018

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011015

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011014

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011011

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011010

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011009

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011007

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011006

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011005

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011004

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011003

Ok, now, for the test, name these vehicles:

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011048

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011066

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011064

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011069

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011041

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011055

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011046

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011042

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011039

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011042

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011031

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011044

And, finally, my truck:

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Nsraday27112011067

Well, I hope you liked the picture.
    Shane

58 ford
    58 ford

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Empty Nice Pics

Post  58 ford Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:40 am

Hey Shane

Nice bunch of photos,iam going to take a shot in the dark.
    Starting with the red and black car.
    #1 cortina
    #2 mini
    #3 falcon
    #4Ford torino
    #5 cortina
    #6 what looks like an opel over here.
    #7 8 9 look like dodge darts and valiants over here.
    # 10 I think that the gti is a ford cortina .

Probably got them all wrong but what the hell LOL.
    Andrew
    kiwiford
    kiwiford

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Empty A couple more days....

Post  kiwiford Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:27 pm

I will give it another couple of days, then post answers...just in case any one else wants to guess.
    Nice try too. But we don't get Torino's here....nor Dodge Darts!! None of them are Cortina's either!!
    Shane
    58 ford
    58 ford

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Empty Re: New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S....

Post  58 ford Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:35 pm

HI Shane
    I knew i would blow it, But will see i did not use google either or any other help Very Happy .
    Later Andrew
    kiwiford
    kiwiford

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Empty Try Aussie.....

Post  kiwiford Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:53 pm

Andrew, apart from the Mini, look to Aussie for cars....a good try, I was not belittling your attempt, you did really well, have another stab mate!!
    Shane
    58 ford
    58 ford

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Empty Re: New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S....

Post  58 ford Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:28 am

Hey Shane

No offence taken at all LOL.
    It does amaze me how close some of these are to the american cars that i refered to!
    When you post the answers it would be interesting to know what each cars year is, May be i could post some pics too compare them.
    I hope some one else chimes in and posts their answers !!
    Andrew
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:56 am

To Andrew and Shane,

There is a fellow on here from Australia that posts every once in a while and way back he sent me some pictures of Ausie cars. I seem to remember him say that Ford and Holden were ausie car manufacturers and that Ford uses the Falcon nameplate down there. The Ford picture he sent me was like a modern version of the Ranchero. I thought it was a pretty cool looking car. I did notice in the pictures you posted there were a fer american types with right hand drive. Are those the conversions they do down there or are they factory made for there?

Darkside Dave
    tomget
    tomget

Post  tomget Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:20 pm

Cool pics. Good luck.

Tom

kiwiford
    kiwiford

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Empty Answers....

Post  kiwiford Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:09 am

Ok, no mre takers huh?
    They are from top to bottom:
    Holden Torana SL/R, a very popular car, raced very successfully in the Aussie touring car class, popular with street machiners
    Austin Mini, pommie crap
    Ford XP Futura coupe, very sought after now
    Valiant Charger
    Ford XR Falcon, the first of the new body shape, and a successful racer in Aussie Touring cars
    Ford XY Falcon ute, a very popular ute amongst muscle car/street machine crowd
    Valiant Charger
    Valiant VG sedan
    Valiant 2 door
    VG again
    Ford XY GTHO Falcon, the most popular Ford Falcon ever, these now sell for over $140,000!! The winningest touring car in Australia, and the most iconic too.
    Ford XA Falcon ute.
    Most of thses have American heritage.....

Dave, the right hand drive conversions are done here, by private workshops, at a huge cost, some were extremely poor too. The govt outlawed vehicles coming in here left hand drive for a while, stupid pricks.
    Shane
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:10 am

Hi Shane,

I have been pretty busy the last few days and I just didn't get around to answering the quize. I could tell the Ford heritage in those Aussie cars and the Valliant/Charger reeks of Chrysler Corp design traits but I would not have guessd the names other than the Mini Cooper. Those things are somewhat popular here for young women but you are not likely to guys driving them. Most people here consider them to be over priced novelties. I noticed a 351 tag on that GT. I am wondering if that is one of the 3 351 engines Ford used to use here. There was a 351 Windsor engine, which was a 302 with longer cylinders, the 351 Cleveland which was a bigger block and a 351 M which I am not really that familiar with. They all existed in the same time window as being manufactured. They are all history now as Ford has moved on to a much more high tech group of engines. The big star engine for them now is the 3.8L V6 Eco-boost direct injected and dual turbo charged engine. Since 1995 the 4.6L V8 in various versions with single as well as DOHV configurations has pretty much dominated the car and light truck lines.

Later Man...

Darkside Dave
    kiwiford
    kiwiford

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Empty Engines

Post  kiwiford Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:32 pm

Hi Dave,
    The 351 used was the Cleveland, they are more popular here than the Windsor, they are stronger too, and, if done right, will kill a Windsor for power.
    The 351M never made it here, it is just a de-stroked 400, I know this as I have the 400 and have done a truckload (pun intended) of research into the 400/351M line.
    Yup, the lineage is clear for the U.S roots, ain't it grand?
    Yes,engines have evolved a hell of a lot, down here we get the coyote in the Falcon XR8 and the new Miami on the way...other than that, Ford Aussie runs a straight six....
    Shane
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:35 pm

Actually people have turned to favor the Windsor over the Cleveland here in later years because it's lighter and they can do much of the same stuff that you can do to the 302s. I have had both and althoughh the Cleveland would be better in a truck the Windsors are really good in small cars because they fit in better and there is now more stuff available cheaper to soup them up than the Cleveland. There were very few Clevelands at the big Ford swap meet I was at a few weeks ago but a slew of built up Windsors. It just seems to have turned that way over time. I had a Windsor with a two barell in a full size '67 Ford Galaxie 2DHT and it would really haul ass. It was a lot better than the Clevelands on gas too.

Later Man...

Darkside Dave
    kiwiford
    kiwiford

New Zealand NSRA NON JAPPA car day!!! WARNING, A SHITLOAD OF PHOTO'S.... Empty Opposite down here!!

Post  kiwiford Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:14 am

That's interesting!! Down here it is the opposite, and there are a huge range of aftermarket stuff for Clevelands made in Aussie too.....and they fit real good in the Aussie Falcon, yeah, they are heavier and bigger, but down here, they are the motor of choice.
    Do a Cleveland right, and it will out muscle and out rev a Windsor too, my 351C redlined at 9500....made 750hp on pump gas too....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:02 am