Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

3 posters

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn.

Lowlid
    Lowlid

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. Empty Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn.

Post  Lowlid Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:56 am

Thought you might get a kick out of seeing some of the rides that arrived at a local rat rod event here in Mid Tn.

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009006

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009007

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009009

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009010

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009011

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009012

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009013

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009014

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009015-1

Andrew[center]
    Lowlid
    Lowlid

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. Empty Re: Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn.

Post  Lowlid Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 am

A few more..............

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009016

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009021

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009022

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009023

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009024

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009029

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009030

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009036

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009035

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009032

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009031

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009042

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009019

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009017

I've got to admit that I really enjoyed this show even though a lot of the rods were not really my cup of tea. Craftsmanship ran from really shoddy to top notch. Some of these guys have got some great ideas. I've got a few more pics that I will post later.

Andrew
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. Empty Thanks Andrew...

Post  Darkside Dave Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:31 am

Thanks for taking the time to upload all these pictures. On of our Members, my neighbor koth, will really enjoy these things. He wants to build a rat rod.

I agree, there are some interesting ideas here. I have to agree that it seems that some guys purposely try to make them as shoddy as possible but I have also seen some pretty nice work on rat rods.

Later Man...
    tomget
    tomget

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. Empty Thanks Andrew

Post  tomget Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:15 am

I appreciate your posting the pics--I really enjoy the "ratrod" craze. I know its a complicated subject with truck people, and I won't argue pros or cons here, but I like to see what people are doing and I like creative stuff. Here's a pic from Dec 2009 Rod and Custom of something new to me. I've never seen it before. Maybe you have. This little pink colored truck--i don't know mfg etc-is an example of "rig rod". Have you heard of that before? At least that's what R&C is calling it. "rig rods, which use the wheels, brakes, and usually the axles from full-size trucks" And when they say "full size", they mean "big rigs"/tractor trailers etc. Wild stuff uh? I don't imagine it will ever "catch on" in a big way, but its a cool idea, and one might borrow on it for something like this or something a little different.

Goodluck Tom

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. Ratrig001_edited-1
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. Empty I can dig it...

Post  Darkside Dave Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:54 am

Hi Tom,

That's a pretty wild looking rig there. I too have an appreciation for the unusual. One thing is for sure, the guy who built that is a craftsman and he had to be having some fun. With scrap prices now low I imagine you could get some of that big rig stuff for a song if you shop around. I like everything so long as the work is good and safe. Beyond that anything goes. that is really what the Darkside is all about.

Never heard the term Rig Rod but it's good one and I'm sure it will catch on. Maybe we need a category for those guys. they need a place to hang out too.

Later Man...
    Lowlid
    Lowlid

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. Empty A few more.............

Post  Lowlid Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:03 pm

Since this subject keeps coming up, I thought I would throw in a few more pictures from the rumble. Not all would fit into the category of rat rod but they were at the event

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009025

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009026

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009027

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009028

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009040

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009041

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009043

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009044

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009004

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009003

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009005

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009046

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. RedneckRumble2009033

I know that the rat rod fad is quite controversial, but I do like some of what I see done. I'm not into some of the unsafe rat traps that I have seen, but I do like the "look" some of the rides have. As a kid I loved the over chopped cars built for Bonneville. They always seem to have a sinister look to them. Guess that's what influenced the chop on my F100.

I've enjoyed reading the posts over on FTE that's going on right now. Some strong opinions both ways. Based on what I have seen, the majority of the rat rods I have seen were some real rust buckets from the get go.(still are) I'd rather see guys doing the rat rod thing than see them in the crusher and being sold to China for scrap so that we can buy them back as junk tools at Horrlble Freight.

Andrew
    tomget
    tomget

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. Empty great pics

Post  tomget Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:25 pm

Thanks Andrew
    I really like that 50Chevy era type red truck--which surprises me cause I usually don't care for that era GMC body style. I did paint a nice two tone 50?Chevy 1/2 ton back in the late 70's. It was my girlfriends truck, and I liked her so I liked her truck. That's how it goes. And it came out looking OK. I was happy with it. It was a stocker. But the body mods done to this red truck really look great. It totally improves the lines--to my taste. Some trucks look better when modded and some don't. As much as I enjoy the ratrod movement, I dont' think I've ever seen a F1Ford cab used that I thought looked good. I've got to 2 F1's a 48 and 49. And I like the appearance of both, but I've never seen a "wide/round body" F1cab on a ratrod that "I" thought looked good. Just a matter of taste. They look too wide and round or something doesn't look right to me> Don't know what it is. But with the 48-50 F1's I think they "look" really good stock--and maybe sometimes a slight chop i OK, but I see some modded F1's that I tend to think don't look all that good, and maybe looked better stock. I think its a truck that is not easy to mod and have it look good. As we move to the bullet grilles of the 51-52? i get the years mixed up--I think they can be more successfully modded/chopped mainly--but still not ratrod material to me. I really like ur truck Andrew with the chop. That looks good. And I really like the pic of the black 55 Chevy panel delivery or station wagon/modded--any car/truck looks good prostreeted to me, and especially a 55 Chevy.

Thanks Tom

Sponsored content

Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn. Empty Re: Redneck Rumble, Lebanon Tn.

Post  Sponsored content