Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

2 posters

Questions about '52 F-5...

Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Questions about '52 F-5... Empty Questions about '52 F-5...

Post  Darkside Dave Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:54 pm

I am going to post this here snd in the Big Trucks category because I'm not sure exactly where to put it.

I am going to go look at a '52 F-5 with a flathead V-8 that supposedly runs and can be driven. There is no bed but it got some recent storm damage from a limb that put a crease in the roof. I am assuming an F-5 has duak real wheels so tghis may belong in the Big Trucks category. Any thoughts on value limitations and what to look for will be greatly appreciated. I will post pictures after I look at it. Hopefully later today...

Later Folks...
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Questions about '52 F-5... Empty Re: Questions about '52 F-5...

Post  Darkside Dave Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:55 pm

OK,

This really belongs in the Big Trucks area and that is where it is posted now. I just thought I would wrap it up here with posting the pictures. Post your replies over there please.

Went to look at the truck and took about 20 pictures.

Here's what I saw. This is a truck that spent over 50 years in the posession of the original owner on a farm about 15 miles from me. It was bought by a giy who was going to restore ie and decided not to. He sold it to the guy who has it now. he statrted work on it but he needs money.

The only severe rust I found was the floor panel on the passenger side right where your feet would be. The rest of it is surprisingly rust free which is amazing for a truck native to this area. We're in the rust belt. The current owner took the front febders off of it and had them in jis basement. That is why it is so dark in the pictures.

The bed sitting on it does not go with it. We are just taliking a cab and chassis.

Two of the six wheels are the type with the split rim ring and the rest are two piece wheels.

It is a single speed rear end and a four speed. I don't know what tranny it is.

All the interior stuff and the SS trim is in good shape and nothing is missing.

I'm thinking of a complete restore or a cosmetic restore with a bette drive line.

Questions about '52 F-5... F201

Questions about '52 F-5... F202

Questions about '52 F-5... F203

Questions about '52 F-5... F204

Questions about '52 F-5... F205

Questions about '52 F-5... F206

Questions about '52 F-5... F207

Questions about '52 F-5... F208

Questions about '52 F-5... F209

Questions about '52 F-5... F210

Questions about '52 F-5... F211

Questions about '52 F-5... F212

Questions about '52 F-5... F213

Questions about '52 F-5... F214

Questions about '52 F-5... F215

Questions about '52 F-5... F216

Questions about '52 F-5... F217

Questions about '52 F-5... F218

Questions about '52 F-5... F219

Questions about '52 F-5... F220

Questions about '52 F-5... TOP1

Questions about '52 F-5... TOP2
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Questions about '52 F-5... Empty Correction...

Post  Darkside Dave Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:30 am

It's not a '52. I don't know why I said that because I do know better.

Whip me, beat me, make me write bad checks...

Later Folks...
    FRANKENTRUCK
    FRANKENTRUCK
    Admin

Post  FRANKENTRUCK Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:06 pm

Looks like your using a keyboard that has the letters worn off of the keys Laughing
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Questions about '52 F-5... Empty The Deal is off, the hunt is over, the duck is dead...

Post  Darkside Dave Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:42 am

Now I am pissed. That asshole just called me up and told me he sold the truck to someone else. I really haven't lost anything but I cannot stand people who do shit like this. It is really just a waste of my time. I have no use for low life that makes a deal and then ignore's it. The slimy bastard didn't even have the guts to tell me himself. he got his wife to call me. He probably would not have done that except for the fact he was afraid I would show up and he would have to face me.

Hey it was fun while it lasted... NOT !!!

Oh well, I am probably better off considering I have more stuff to do than I have years left to do it in.

So here it is,

His name is Glen Hupp in Marietta, Ohio

If you ever come across this guy in a deal avoid him like the plague...

later Folks...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:48 am