Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

2 posters

retractable step bars, Dave you should get a kick out of this. lol but it should be do'able.

shameless
    shameless

retractable step bars, Dave you should get a kick out of this. lol but it should be do'able. Empty retractable step bars, Dave you should get a kick out of this. lol but it should be do'able.

Post  shameless Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:16 pm

I'm thinking of going for the pulling truck look with my 79 ford F150. I'm hoping by this time next year I can at least get the old girl one solid color, lifted, with bigger/wider tires. I'm thinking I'd like step bars for my truck too. I'm 6'5'' and already have to stretch and scoot to get into it, I'm just imagining how much more it'll be if I lift it and the truck ends up 6 inches taller than it is now. lol

I'm thinking of building something like this. Take out the foot operated e-break (because its spring loaded, and I can't controll how fast it recoils) And replace it with a hand operated e-break. Hook these steps up to the e-break cable via splitter, or clamp. When you set the break while parking, the step lowers to acomodate. release the break, and the step raises back up to dissapear out of view.

any opinions or thoughts on how to make this work?

retractable step bars, Dave you should get a kick out of this. lol but it should be do'able. Parkbreakstepbar
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

retractable step bars, Dave you should get a kick out of this. lol but it should be do'able. Empty Re: retractable step bars, Dave you should get a kick out of this. lol but it should be do'able.

Post  Darkside Dave Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:55 pm

Looks like a plan. I'd say make the bars first and then figure out the controls. BTW, the full size Ford vans have a foot controlled e-brake pedai that is controllable in both direstions. I have on in my van. Check it out the next time you come by.

Later Man...
    shameless
    shameless

retractable step bars, Dave you should get a kick out of this. lol but it should be do'able. Empty Re: retractable step bars, Dave you should get a kick out of this. lol but it should be do'able.

Post  shameless Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:59 pm

gonna be around the house tomorow? lol I'll have my son with me but I could swing by shortly. Been meaning to swing up your way for a while anyway. I wont be driving the 79 though. lol
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:07 pm

shameless wrote:gonna be around the house tomorow? lol I'll have my son with me but I could swing by shortly. Been meaning to swing up your way for a while anyway. I wont be driving the 79 though. lol

Yep, but it will be later in the afternoon, sometime between two and three.

Later Man...
    shameless
    shameless

Post  shameless Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:41 pm

Thats cool I have some busness to take care of and wont be done till then, but my wife has class so I'll have the kid after. lol Its ok though, I'm trying to get him to catch the classic car and truck bug anyway. lol

in the meantime, you guys, feel free to add your two cents. lol
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:48 am

shameless wrote:Thats cool I have some busness to take care of and wont be done till then, but my wife has class so I'll have the kid after. lol Its ok though, I'm trying to get him to catch the classic car and truck bug anyway. lol

in the meantime, you guys, feel free to add your two cents. lol

I'll be in the garage but you will have to bang on the door because it will be closed for the air conditioning.

Later Man...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:39 pm