Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

3 posters

Stereo Systems

wmjoe1953
    wmjoe1953

Stereo Systems Empty Stereo Systems

Post  wmjoe1953 Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:06 pm

I'm sure every one is familiar with stereos, so let's talk about them. I'm far from an expert in this field, but I am not scared to install some big booming stereos systems in my rides. My last rig was a 90 Chevy Beretta GTZ. Awesome little coupe. Could keep up with stock Corvettes (the older ones, not the new LS-6, or the older LT-1 stuff). My GTZ had a cd player in the dash, a pair of JL Audio 6x9's in the rer deck, and a single 12" in a band pass box in the trunk. I had them both amplified....the JL's had a 350w amp running them, and the 12 had a 2000 watt amp to it (but it was turned way down). I had the 0ga cable running through it, and all the terminals were quality gold plated ones. That car would HIT HARD!!!!!!!! Actually had to be careful, as it would make the cd skip if it was up too loud. If I turned on Chris Ledoux "hooked on an 8 second ride" or Garth Brooks "Thunder Rolls" it sounded like you just drove into a storm cloud.
    shameless
    shameless

Stereo Systems Empty Re: Stereo Systems

Post  shameless Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:08 am

I know what you mean. lol being a teen in the 90's bass was the thing to have, and around here you could easily have more money in your sound system than you would have in your ride. lol <-- those guys crack me up.

my first system was 2 J.L. Audio 12-W-0's in the back of an S-10 extended cab. (lots of volume and vibration, not an exessive boom on my opinion)

Had a 95 jeep wrangler with, Get this, lol. two, 15" orion speakers, ported box firing towards the floor so it'd have something to reverb off of. even for a convertible it pounded.

99mustan with 4 10 inch Bass machines, ok for a mid range, junk if your looking for serious bass.

01 explorer with 2 12 inch, audio pipes, ported box, 2000watt amp. bridged. that thing would seriously pound, noses itching, vision blurring, hard to breath. lol

Had a cd of marching band drumline cadences. it was AWESOME to say the least, all you had to do is close your eyes, and imagine you were standing in the middle of the drum line! lol
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:01 pm

Pass out the ear plugs...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content