Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

4 posters

hello to all

dyoung14

hello to all Empty hello to all

Post  dyoung14 Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:14 am

Hello to all i reckon that i am the new moderator ove the diesel forums glad to here any questions or sugestions
    wmjoe1953
    wmjoe1953

hello to all Empty Re: hello to all

Post  wmjoe1953 Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:16 pm

Awesome. Looks like I made moderator in the big truck section, I think. You and I will likely have to work hand in hand, as diesel and big trucks go hand in hand. Hope to be able to use info you have, and info I have, and we can make the two sections as helpful as possible.
    dyoung14

Post  dyoung14 Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:28 pm

wmjoe1953 wrote:Awesome. Looks like I made moderator in the big truck section, I think. You and I will likely have to work hand in hand, as diesel and big trucks go hand in hand. Hope to be able to use info you have, and info I have, and we can make the two sections as helpful as possible.

i will help as much as possible, the basic trouble shooting of a diesel engine is pretty well the same, but there are some in depth things like computer junk and stuff which i really dont know a hole lot about, but i will do anything i can to help everyone out
    wmjoe1953
    wmjoe1953

Post  wmjoe1953 Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:20 pm

The biggest thing about Ford diesels, are the injector o-rings for the 94-02 P-Strokes. After that, it's the EGR coolers on the 6.0's. IDM's sometimes with the earlier P-Strokes, and FICM's on occasions for the 6.0's. It's all good. I'm actually the diesel mechanic at work, but favor the big trucks. I'll try and help you out as much ass possible. If I don't know something, you might, or vise versa, we hould be able to come up with the answers.
    dyoung14

Post  dyoung14 Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:05 pm

wmjoe1953 wrote:The biggest thing about Ford diesels, are the injector o-rings for the 94-02 P-Strokes. After that, it's the EGR coolers on the 6.0's. IDM's sometimes with the earlier P-Strokes, and FICM's on occasions for the 6.0's. It's all good. I'm actually the diesel mechanic at work, but favor the big trucks. I'll try and help you out as much ass possible. If I don't know something, you might, or vise versa, we hould be able to come up with the answers.

sounds like a good plan to me
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

hello to all Empty Need 6.0 help...

Post  Darkside Dave Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:40 pm

Hi Folks,
    OK, now it's time for you diesel guys to earn your keep here. I need somome with some 6.0L PS experience. I want to pull the TC and I would be interested in learning about any helpful hints or tips. It looks like it will be a bear to get off.

Later Folks...
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:45 pm

OK Folks,
    I found a guy over on the FTE that really knopws his stuff about the VGT's. I am now armed with enough info to start the removal and reconditioning of the VGT. When I start I will document the process as it progresses and hopefully it will be accompanied by input form this fellow if I can coax him over here. I'm just waiting to see if he will accept my invitation to join and contribute.

Later Folks...

dyoung14

Post  dyoung14 Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:30 pm

Im real sorry i havent been active on this site lately, i havent had much internet acess so my time gets limited
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:00 pm

That's cool...

We appreciate anything you can contribute.

Later Man...
    mafiafran

Post  mafiafran Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:34 am

Hi Folks

Link Building
    keyword research

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:38 pm