Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

+2
Darkside Dave
jerryj
6 posters

37 Ford five window coupe

jerryj
    jerryj

rear - 37 Ford five window coupe - Page 2 Empty Re: 37 Ford five window coupe

Post  jerryj Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:17 pm

As true as all that is, you will find a ton of people who have never run a blower willing to argue with you all day long about most of those points. LOL I've run a couple of blowers before but both had carburetors and what a pain in the butt they were. I'm pretty sure this setup will eliminate some of the problems I had. I've also had people tell me that the mechanical fuel injection is not streetable. I can't wait to have one of these "experts" see my setup and scratch their heads trying to figure out how it works for a daily driver.
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

rear - 37 Ford five window coupe - Page 2 Empty No argument from me on that...

Post  Darkside Dave Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:45 pm

Yep, you got that right. Some people argue purely on the basis of what someone else tells them and never try to check it out. I normally don't waste time arguing with them, I just show them. I have a similar situation with a guy that swears up and down I can't combine TCs with the supercharger on my T-Bird SC. He says it will create too much boost and blow the engine. I don't know why he can't figure out that the waste gate on the engine blows off all additional boost I was just toying with using a couple of cheap TCs to add a little more low end boost to while the SC is running lower boost on the bottom end. Sometimes seemingly intelligent people refuse to look at obvious logic. There really isn't much you can do about it but think for yourself and do your own thing. If I listened to all the crap about what I couldn't do there would be a hell of a lot of things I never did. Sure, all my ideas weren't good ones but at least I tried them and in most cases worked my way to success. Keep in mind most people who are successful often say that no one told them they couldn't do something. Given these facts, I think I'll stick with logic as opposed to what others say.

Later Man...

Dave
    jerryj
    jerryj

Post  jerryj Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:17 pm

Amen brother Dave!!
    jerryj
    jerryj

Post  jerryj Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:28 pm

I know it's been awhile but I have been working some really long hours. I have been working on some items I needed to get done. Plus I have been purchasing parts I need so when the weather got as good as it is today I could hit the ground running.

Here is the belt guard I designed/copied and made.

rear - 37 Ford five window coupe - Page 2 Belt guard_3_sm

Below is the updated filter I made. This one flows a lot more air then the first one. It was like feeding a garden hose with a fire hose.

rear - 37 Ford five window coupe - Page 2 Filter_2nd_sm
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:56 pm

That belt guard is so cool... As for the filter, I have no opinion because I don't know enough about the medium or the air flow characteristics. I does look as though it would not take too much particulate matter to clog it because the area looks rather small. But then again, that is just me.

Later Man...

Darkside Dave

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:05 am