Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

4 posters

the one the wifey don't know about

55f350
    55f350

the one the wifey don't know about Empty the one the wifey don't know about

Post  55f350 Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:37 pm

it's a 76 mustang II coupe with a blown v-6 that i have visions of stuffing a big block in ..... and no she really doesn't know i have it ! it's hidden out at my unks place , and she thinks it still belongs to my cuz aubrey ......... BIG EVIL GRIN !!!!!!!
    Holmsey
    Holmsey

the one the wifey don't know about Empty Re: the one the wifey don't know about

Post  Holmsey Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:36 pm

That sound's ace. why are we so scared of our wife's. Must be world wide as I am in the UK, though I don't have a hidden car I do have a hidden bag or receipts for my F100 build ;o).
    55f350
    55f350

Post  55f350 Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:52 am

holmsey , im not scared , just i have a problem dragging old stuff home and she gets kinda upset at times . she doesn't quite understand the addiction. i just drug , actually this one was drove , home a 95 tbird with a 4.6 v-8 , under the pretense of it being my daily till i got the 53 back up and running ...... then somehow i let it slip i was gonna drag race it afterwards , and she found the parts wishlist for it . lol. at one time there was a 56 f600 my 55 f350 car hauler , the 53 , two 55 1/2 tons sitting here and i don't have a big place . then the 49 f-4 ........ on and on .at this time out at my unks was a 79 cadillac sedan de ville , the mustang 2 ,a subaru wagon i was given to go kill in a mini car demo , and a couple other odd lot things .most of 'em were traded for or dirt cheap , but all they see is more junk ...........
    Holmsey
    Holmsey

Post  Holmsey Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:46 pm

Ahhhh now I see where ya coming from Ha Ha... that is quite an impressive stable of vehicles you have. I would be minus a very precious part of my anatomy if I dragged that many cars to my place. Mind you I would love to own them all to, the beauty of having so much tin on your doorstep, far to tempting. All we have in domestic cars over here is junk not worth driving let alone saving.
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

the one the wifey don't know about Empty Here's what I do...

Post  Darkside Dave Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:59 pm

I have found that it is far easier to apologize after the fact than to ask permission before the fact. they'll get over it. Right now we have five registered and licensed vehicles and all or parts of six others here as projects and donors. There is also the big enclosed trailer, the camper trailer, an open vehicle trailer here. The wife is going to have to do a little more adjusting I think because there will be more to come and more apologies to go with them. She's tough old bird, and she will adjust.

Later Folks...
    55f350
    55f350

Post  55f350 Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:43 pm

you are sp right dave it is much easier to " apologize " after the fact !!!!!!!!!!! hee hee ..... holmsey all i got now is the mustang 2 , and i think i sold it to a guy who wants the front suspension , the 53 , and the " daily " bird now . oh and the 61 pos ford one ton up in athens i'm parting ................ went and looked at a lincoln mark 8 {?} today , looks kinda like the bird , { in 'tween runs } as it has the 4 valve dohc 4.6 in it , runs for $350 . sheez then i wonder why i get into trouble . it's only just around the corner , and runs , the a/c and all power options even work ....... think she'd believe it was a beater for her , and not for the driveline ?? LOL.................................
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:56 pm

Kevin,

Tell her it's a cheap source of parts for the daily driver. One little repair could otherwise cost as much as that whole car. that engine is worth more than that and the suspension is a good donor for effies. Just emphasize the profit value and NEVER MENTION the future build you are thinking of. Around here we strongly discourage women being allowed in the garage.

Later Man...
    55f350
    55f350

Post  55f350 Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:01 am

usually mine is all for the race cars and demo cars , but i still prefer she stay out for a different reason . she comes out there and cleans and organizes then i can't find a d--n thing for months !!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:56 am

Hi Kevin,
    It's OK if you say Damn and Hell here. You can even say Shit. I did not set any limitations on "bad words". I figure were all grown ups here and probably have enough sense to keep it reasonable. This ain't like the FTE being run by a bunch of anal retentive politically correct assholes who are more concerned about selling ad space than anything else.

I look at everything on a case by case basis. If someone gets way out of hand I'll just tell them to cool it. I really don't want to spend my time policing the board. besides that, I have made it clear this is not just my board, it is our board. The word "OUR" includes all the members.

Later Man...

Last edited by Darkside Dave on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    55f350
    55f350

Post  55f350 Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:17 am

ahh didnt want to offend !! i know that some peeps can be a little touchy by the language . and i really do try to control it , as i have had a few phone calls from my two oldest daughters whom have all the current 5 grandkids , about things they've learned from "papa" and gotten into trouble at school , LOL !!! one of 'em even recited several things i utter in german at mallet head when talking about pets in class , and of course the teacher just happened to speak german !!!!!!!! latest thing is i've taught them all to thumb their nose . when in school doing shakespeare i learned that was how they more or less said F.U. and they've picked it up ....... let's see how long this one takes before someone notices !!!!!! now back to cars !!!!!!!!
    havi
    havi

Post  havi Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:08 pm

I just wanted to state that if my wife went and cleaned my garage, I'd be happy. Really happy. Plus it would give me a week to myself in the house, lol.
    55f350
    55f350

Post  55f350 Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:50 am

no havi ya don't want 'em there . mine will pitch things as she thinks they're useless or junk and it'd be the one lil' piece you actually needed !!!! not that i'm organized , but if she picks up the tools they'll all be in the wrong places too .................... Mad
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:59 am

My wife is actually kind of scared to go into my shop for fear that something will jump out and bite her, (or fall on her.) She does like to come down and give me hell about noise and bad odors that eminate from my little shop of horrors.

Women !!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content