Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

3 posters

HOLLEY HELP !!!

Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

HOLLEY HELP !!! Empty HOLLEY HELP !!!

Post  Darkside Dave Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:58 pm

Hi Folks,

I need some help here... About a year ago I bought this holley 4bbl carb from a guy who had it on Craig's list. I want to get a kit and rebuild it but I have no idea what to ask for or where to look on the carb for any sort of identification. It is a double pumper and it's supposed to be a 600 or 650 but I can't remember which. I have also seen that there are adjustable metering blocks available for these but there again, I wouldn't know what to ask for. A little help here please.

Later Folks...

HOLLEY HELP !!! Holley1

HOLLEY HELP !!! Holley2
    havi
    havi

HOLLEY HELP !!! Empty Re: HOLLEY HELP !!!

Post  havi Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:41 pm

I don't remember if it was a 600 or 650 neither, but maybe it's possible to bring it into the store with ya. Sometimes 4 eyes are better than 2.
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:44 am

havi wrote:I don't remember if it was a 600 or 650 neither, but maybe it's possible to bring it into the store with ya. Sometimes 4 eyes are better than 2.

Oh yeah, I remember now, you were the guy who told me about the ad. I will probably end up doing just as you said and take it to the local "REAL" parts store, (as opposed to AutoZone, etc.). I just did that with a Ford two barrel yesterday that had the ID tag missing. Even NAPA is starting to look and act a lot like the chains, store front with a lot of junk displayed out front and no shop facility. We have one true parts store remaining and they are now part of a Canadian company. It just so happened that the counter guy has a '67 Galaxie with a 390 and he said it was a dead ringer for the two barrel on his so that was a bit of a help. I can't imagine some kid at AutoBone even having the slightest idea where to start. "Does it have air conditioning???"

I decided that since I'm messing with some carbs now I might as well do the Holley. I don't need it yet but it would be great to have it done and ready so I won't try to rush it at the last minute and screw it up.

Hopefully somebody on here will know something.

Thanks Man...
    Lowlid
    Lowlid

Post  Lowlid Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:36 pm

Dave,

If you look on the front of the choke air horn you will see some numbers. With those numbers you can can get a kit ordered. I got mine from Advance Auto. Every now and then you'll find a guy behind the counter that knows what the hell he's talking about. He told me the kit would be in by 8am next morning, but called me back that afternoon telling me he had already got it in. There's more than one kit that you can get. I used what they call a quick kit. About $20. I guess the days of the $10 kits are gone.

HOLLEY HELP !!! Carbinfo001

HOLLEY HELP !!! Carbinfo002

That number on the air horn is the series of that particular carb. In the case of this carb the 3310 number is what you need to order the kit.

HOLLEY HELP !!! Carbinfo004

That should get you the kit you need. I rebuilt this carb not too long ago for a 454 that I have on the test stand. The carb was really screwed up bya previous owner, but I finally located enough pieces to put it back together. Fired up the 454 last night and the carb seems to be performing well.

HOLLEY HELP !!! Carbinfo005

Hope this helps...

Andrew
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:04 pm

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the info.

I did find the number and a kit, it is a 3310-2. I found a kit by doing a little research. I was wrong by calling it a double pumper which it is not. I should have known better because I had a 750 DP on a dirt track car about 30 years ago. I remenber the guy said this one was a 600 or 650 in his ad. It turns out to be a 750. Hopefully it won't be too much for the 351W. In my limited experience it seems the Chey engins are a bit more sensitive to the oversized carbs than the Fords are. So, maybe it wont be an issue running an RV cam.

Later Man...
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

HOLLEY HELP !!! Empty Problem solved...

Post  Darkside Dave Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:00 pm

Hi Folks,

With the help from people here and over at the FTE I now have all the info I need plus a lot of advice about the power valve problems. Now, if I just knew what the hell the power valve is and what it does I'd be all set. I guess I'll just have to do some research on it. Hey, I can't know all that shit... I'm lucky to know what I do as I'm into the geezer mode now. Now, where did I leave my cane ???

Later folks...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:59 am