Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

3 posters

Is this worth $400.00???

Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Is this worth $400.00??? Empty Is this worth $400.00???

Post  Darkside Dave Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:01 pm

This turned up locally with a good title for $400.00. Is it worth it??? Looks like a cab with no chassis to me.

Later Folks...

Is this worth $400.00??? 53CO1

Is this worth $400.00??? 53CO2

Is this worth $400.00??? 53CO3

Is this worth $400.00??? 53CO4

Last edited by Darkside Dave on Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Is this worth $400.00??? Empty Re: Is this worth $400.00???

Post  Guest Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:44 pm

Worth $4000?
    Bad question
    I will not pay that much but I dont have the money or any interest in the cab
    IF I wanted it, the price might be a place to start negotiation.

A few years back a guy offered me an enormous amount of Model A parts for $15,000

Its a several-years-long story but I got the stuff for $2650

Edit: I see that the price is $400, not $4000

Its definitely worth $400 but you still have to want it
    or hope to sell it a profit
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:56 pm

Yeah, 4K would be a wee bit steep. I personally have a $500.00 limit for this stuff and for the most part that includes whole vehicles. COE's are really rare and I have seen some great looking rigs built with them. However, I still think even the $400.00 is negotiable. One thing about it is that it has all good glass which really surprises me. It makes me wonder why the chassis is missing although I would either build a special chassis or set it on something of a later vintage. This thing just screams for a diesel.

Is this worth $400.00??? Attachment

Maybe it could be something like this...

Later Man...
    wmjoe1953
    wmjoe1953

Post  wmjoe1953 Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:56 pm

A Big Job COE, '54 for $400, with title, is worth it, in just about any condition. The rot can be repaired with conventional cab parts. The only hard part is the front of the doors, and the toe board. The rest of that is easily repaired. If it were local to me, I'd go for it with out hesitating. You might get a hold of Carl (C-700) over on FTE, because He has some COE parts, and may have an extra set of doors. That toy hauler is a sweeeeeeeet looking rig.
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Is this worth $400.00??? Empty To COE or not to COE...

Post  Darkside Dave Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:01 am

THAT IS THE QUESTION...

Hi Folks,
    Well, I see it has been since 1/2010 that I considered this thing. Well, today I actually went to see it. It does have a title and it is just the cab sitting on a makeshift sort of trailer thing. More of a dolly than a trailer. My two greatest concerns are the hood and the bashed in place on the left fron fender. I say this because I doubt therte are any after market hoods and fenders. That means I would have to look hard to find decent used parts. The rest of it I think I could deal with. There is one bad place in the floor but it's flat metal.

BTW, the price is $500.00. I got interested in this again because I have a '93 E-350 diesel van that is actually an ambulance package vehicle. I have had it since it was new. It still has a good strong drive train and rolling chassis. However, the body is starting to decay underneath and it looks pretty bad around the body mounts. I use it but I expect the body to be a real problem in the next year or two at the most. I am thinking of putting the COE cab on it and maybe lengthen the frame, go with dualies and make it a car hauler, or going with a small fifth wheel and gooseneck combo hitch and use it to drag a two car trailer.

No hurry on this one because the guy does not advertise it and I don't think it's going anywhere.

Later...
    stevof1
    stevof1

Post  stevof1 Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:14 pm

Could make a real cool hotrod hauler!
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:15 pm

stevof1 wrote:Could make a real cool hotrod hauler!

Yeah that was what I was thinking. I'd feel a lot better if he came down to $400.00 though. Maybe I can wait him out.

Later Man...
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Is this worth $400.00??? Empty Thanks for the input...

Post  Darkside Dave Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:36 pm

wmjoe1953 wrote:A Big Job COE, '54 for $400, with title, is worth it, in just about any condition. The rot can be repaired with conventional cab parts. The only hard part is the front of the doors, and the toe board. The rest of that is easily repaired. If it were local to me, I'd go for it with out hesitating. You might get a hold of Carl (C-700) over on FTE, because He has some COE parts, and may have an extra set of doors. That toy hauler is a sweeeeeeeet looking rig.

Hey Joe,
    Thanks for the e-mail address for Carl. He answered me and we ended up spending an hour on the phone. Turns out he has two good doors and he has seen the pictures of the cab I am looking at and has also said that it is worth the price. So, I think I'll buy it.

BTW, Carl seems like a great guy and he has signed on here on the Darkside. Hopefully he will post some of his projects. I think he will be a great asset to the board.

Between you and Carl, the two of you have convinced me to buy the COE.

Later Man...
    stevof1
    stevof1

Post  stevof1 Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:16 pm

Post some shots when you get Dave.
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:37 pm

stevof1 wrote:Post some shots when you get Dave.

It's pretty much going to look the same but I will clean it out. I will probably strip the mirrors off of it too. The new guy here, C700, has a good set of doors for it. When I get it I'll start a build thread for it. It will probably be about two weeks.

Later Man...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:41 pm