Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

4 posters

weekend?? holidays?

charger
    charger

weekend?? holidays? Empty weekend?? holidays?

Post  charger Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:20 pm

so whats everybody up to?? seem like nowbody`s building anything? what are you doing for the holidays? well this weekend and during the holidays i have to finish my chop, sick and tired of seing it incomplete!! then i can move onto my flip front end.
    charger
    charger

weekend?? holidays? Empty Re: weekend?? holidays?

Post  charger Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:16 am

Hellowwwwwwwwww is anybody here???
    havi
    havi

Post  havi Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:31 pm

No job = no money = no progress = no celebrating Christmas, except the old fashioned way, by celebrating Him. Merry Christmas everyone!!
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:39 am

havi wrote:No job = no money = no progress = no celebrating Christmas, except the old fashioned way, by celebrating Him. Merry Christmas everyone!!

Hi Scott,
    Having been in your situation too many times, which is the plight of a construction worker, I know where you are coming from. The only advantage I had if any was the fact that my work was always of that nature and I adjusted to living with it. I can say this though, when I was out of work I always had managed to find things to do with all the stuff I had collected or put off during the times I was working at a job. It seems it was always a case of feast or famine with my sort of work. I was either working ten and twelve hour days and sometimes six or seven days a week. When the work was on it was always a big push and on top of that, most of the jobs were fifty miles or more away. Some of them I had to stay away from home on. Anything over one hundred miles was just too damn far to drive to every day. Now that I am retired it is easier than unemployment because I now have more to live on but not enough. That's why I am always scratching up side jobs like welding and fabricating, electrical work and transporting vehicles. These economic times we are in now are a big detriment to my ability to generate additional revenue. I am a sort of an amateur day trader, a home gamer... I finally learned that big boys were not concerned with my best interest so I took over handling my money, (what little is left), as I figured I could loose it on my own with out their help. So far I have done a better job than Chuck did. Since I have been doing this I have had a lot better idea about what is going on economically in this country and I feel it's safe to say we are slowly climbing back out of the hole. Unfortunately there will be a lot of people who won't benefit for a long time if ever because we have undergone a major Paradigm Shift. Nothing seems as it was now. Of course it's a case of history repeating itself, but unfortunately the majority never see it coming and they get hurt by the changes.

When you are in the middle of things and caught between all the forces the be, it's really hard to see any comfort or realize that there may be something of value in your situation. I know because I have been there. As hard as it may be to believe, I now look back and actually cherish some of those hard times, because as an individual and as a family we experienced times and situations that may never have been otherwise. I can only hope that you and others in your situation are as fortunate to realize some of these things when they occur.

I am not wealthy by any standard beyond the homeless and the very poor, but I do consider myself fortunate and I am quite content to be where I am. If nothing else. I hope that you and your's, as well as all the folks here can realize some benefit and comfort from you lives as they are and derive some enjoyment over the holiday period.

Later Man...
    Grumpyoldman
    Grumpyoldman
    Admin

Post  Grumpyoldman Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:09 pm

havi wrote:No job = no money = no progress = no celebrating Christmas, except the old fashioned way, by celebrating Him. Merry Christmas everyone!!
    ------------------------------------------

First Off I'd like wish You and Everyone on here a Merry Christmas And A Very Happy New Year.

Second, I'd like to be able to tell you things will get better. And Yes they will get better. Because I can sit right along side of you and take part in the same PITY PARTY. I Just hope an opportunity arises for both of us to find work. I know, I've been out of work for 18 month's, so I understand. And I know things could be worse. So no matter what anyone else tells you remember things will get better. So please try to enjoy the Holidays. And maybe Santa will bring Both of us a JOB for Christmas.

Good Luck.
    George
    charger
    charger

Post  charger Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:19 am

Merry Christmas to all!, sorry to hear you guy`s lost your jobs! i`ve been fortunate so far and always had 2 jobs till last year. i`ve also been through big changes in my life, 6 years ago decided i would start my own business (small engine repair, had a 2 car garage and was busy as hech!this while keeping my regular day job,decided to buy a property outside of town with a shop, a real fixer upper, well it was more than a fixer upper! getting only 4 hours of sleep during the week to keep up with the mechanical and weekends fixing the shop ect, it started to take a toll on me,a good friend (so i thought) approached me and wanted to start a landscape business, well i had one small skidsteer so all we would need is a bigger machine, trailer and truck, so here i went into business with him and got a ride of my LIFE! well at this point depression kicked in and i almost had a nervous break down, thoughts of commiting suicide ect all kicked in, the only thing that kept me going was my at the time 2 year old daughter, sold the place and moved to town,this was a heck of a leap, i was coming from a 42x42 shop with car hoist and most of all the toys to a 2 car garage!! pretty hard but you gotta do what you have to do! workig one job and just making ends meat! well this fall the government decided to check out my books, my accountant told me not to charge tax on my labour, well he was wrong! $17000.00 mistake! and he won`t admit to the f-up so now i`m stuck with this bill! so my truck is a stress relief toy i use! it hasen`t really cost me that mutch so far with me doing all the work and robbing used parts all over the place, between the truck, my boy (1year old) my daughter (4 years old) keep me sane!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:39 pm