Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

2 posters

Big plans for my '01 R3500 dually

wmjoe1953
    wmjoe1953

plans - Big plans for my '01 R3500 dually Empty Big plans for my '01 R3500 dually

Post  wmjoe1953 Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:36 pm

Well, since this forum is not brand, or vintage specific, I'll talk about my plans for my 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 dually too. Currently bone stock, except the transmission Ijust rebuilt. Stupid 46RE auto trans. I built it with Kevlar bands, and Alto Red Eagle clutches. Upgraded the forward planetary from a 4 pinion to a 5 pinion. Reworked the valve body, and now have any speed down gear shifts, and nice firm up shifts. New low stall converter for off road utility use, that comes with furnaced brazed fins, and is computer balanced to 0, with a +/- .01g difference. Well, here's a run down of some future plans. Since I like having a capable off road utility rig, that's the route I am going. I will be fabbing my own front and rear steel winch bumpers. Will be installing a 15K winch front and rear. Will be adding a 4" suspension lift, and increasing the tire height. Installing ARB air lockers, front and rear. It's currently a gas V-8, but am planning on converting to Cummins. Still cheaper to go that route then it is to buy a new Dodge Cummins truck. When the Cummins goes in, I'll be swapping out this A518 to an A618 tranny. The next tranny will be getting all hardened shafts, upgraded clutch drums for more friction and steel capacity, and upgraded 6 pinion planetaries. After that, it will be getting a complete cab sealing job to hold out water, and a snorkel for protection if partially submerged. The bed will be getting a tool/fuel tank added, and I will be putting skid bar/step bars on it. Then the real fun. Plan on adding a full strobe light assortment, and work lights all around. By the time it gets done, it should be capable of going just about anywhere for off raod rescues, and police/fire assists. My current emergency package includes my BDU's, 200' of rescue line, climbing harness and hardware, ammo and case for my rifle and pistol. And of course, there's the 5 day readiness kit.
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

plans - Big plans for my '01 R3500 dually Empty Re: Big plans for my '01 R3500 dually

Post  Darkside Dave Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:55 pm

That ought to scare the bears out of the woods...

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 am