Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

Diesel nuts

mechmagcn

Diesel nuts

Post  mechmagcn on Wed May 06, 2009 9:18 pm

Come on folks, I know there are other diesel fanatics out there too. Most everthing that I own is diesel powered, just a few more conversions to go. Let's get some discussions going here. Smile
    wmjoe1953

Re: Diesel nuts

Post  wmjoe1953 on Wed May 06, 2009 10:05 pm

Caterpillar baby. Got Cat?!!!!
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave on Wed May 06, 2009 11:17 pm

Yeah, I'm here but I ain't in your guys league. I just have 16 year old IDI 7.3L in a one ton van with 256,000 on it and an '03 6.0L with 47,000 on it. Corn binders, nothing like the big truck emgines but I like 'em both.

Glad you guys found something in common. Tha's what I'm talkin' bout !!!

Dave

mechmagcn

Post  mechmagcn on Thu May 07, 2009 7:29 am

No Cats in the stable presently, the last one coughed up a hairball at about 65 MPH with no warning. Currently running a 7.3 IDI with 190K, one MB diesel with 210K and another with 268K on the clock. In the bigger trucks there's a 300 Mack and an old Detroit in the LN 8000 ford.
    Jeff

dyoung14

Post  dyoung14 on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:33 pm

1986 ford f250 4x4. 6.9 idi diesel 4500 rpm governor spring, pump to the max timing set really high, ram-air intake, 3 inch exhuast, 13 second 0-60, blew that engine up recently because of hydrolock, so now im putting in a 83 model low compression 6.9 with the same setup except a custom remote mount PSD turbo is getting mounted on it

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:33 am