Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

3 posters

Hello all from Truxx 1956

Truxx1956

1956 - Hello all from Truxx 1956 Empty Hello all from Truxx 1956

Post  Truxx1956 Mon May 04, 2009 10:15 pm

Hey guys and gals, I'm new here. Dave invited me, and I finally got everything to work and here I am. Most of you FTE'rs know me from over there, but I'm big into '56 F100's. I'll be posting here as time permits. Thanks for the invite Dave.
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

1956 - Hello all from Truxx 1956 Empty Re: Hello all from Truxx 1956

Post  Darkside Dave Mon May 04, 2009 11:05 pm

Truxx1956 wrote:Hey guys and gals, I'm new here. Dave invited me, and I finally got everything to work and here I am. Most of you FTE'rs know me from over there, but I'm big into '56 F100's. I'll be posting here as time permits. Thanks for the invite Dave.
    You are quite welcome sir.

Later Man...

Darkside Dave
    Lowlid
    Lowlid

Post  Lowlid Wed May 06, 2009 7:20 am

Truxx1956 wrote:Hey guys and gals, I'm new here. Dave invited me, and I finally got everything to work and here I am. Most of you FTE'rs know me from over there, but I'm big into '56 F100's. I'll be posting here as time permits. Thanks for the invite Dave.

Glad to see another F100 fan here.

Andrew
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

1956 - Hello all from Truxx 1956 Empty WELCOME ...

Post  Darkside Dave Wed May 06, 2009 10:33 am

Hi Terry,
    Glad to see you made it. I'll be looking forward to seeing some posts from you. remember, we cover a lot of different stuff here and we have a category for interior trim and upholstery work. So if you have any pics of the custome or restoration work you have done, post the pics.

BTW, I just stripped and old '53 F-100. It had a good front seat in it that is not broken down. The upholstery is no good aa well as any padding. The springs and basic structure are sound and would be really good for reworking. I hate to junk it because I know that people look for these once in a while. I am sure it will fit from '53 to '56 and maybe even more. I have the complete set up including the tracks, sliders and mounts. If you know of anyone who needs one let me know. The thing is kind of awkward to keep around when I don't need it.

Later Man...

Darkside Dave
    Truxx1956

Post  Truxx1956 Wed May 06, 2009 1:20 pm

Lowlid wrote:

Glad to see another F100 fan here.

Andrew

Thanks for the kind words. I'll post some pics of Pegysu as soon as I get time. I've been so busy at work (I work 2 jobs) so time is at an all time premium these days.

Later
    Truxx1956

Post  Truxx1956 Wed May 06, 2009 1:22 pm

Darkside Dave wrote:Hi Terry,
    Glad to see you made it. I'll be looking forward to seeing some posts from you. remember, we cover a lot of different stuff here and we have a category for interior trim and upholstery work. So if you have any pics of the custome or restoration work you have done, post the pics.

BTW, I just stripped and old '53 F-100. It had a good front seat in it that is not broken down. The upholstery is no good aa well as any padding. The springs and basic structure are sound and would be really good for reworking. I hate to junk it because I know that people look for these once in a while. I am sure it will fit from '53 to '56 and maybe even more. I have the complete set up including the tracks, sliders and mounts. If you know of anyone who needs one let me know. The thing is kind of awkward to keep around when I don't need it.

Later Man...

Dave, the original seats aint worth anything to me. I take all the springs out and throw them away and weld in steel then use different grades of foam for the proper seat density. I'll post some pics soon, with this site I can post pics of my buddy's Mustang and my other buddy's '54 panel truck that we're putting on an S10 frame.

Soon, I promise.
    Darkside Dave

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 pm