Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

3 posters

Another newbie on the block, there goes the neighborhood!!

jarhead1959
    jarhead1959

Another newbie on the block, there goes the neighborhood!! Empty Another newbie on the block, there goes the neighborhood!!

Post  jarhead1959 Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:33 pm

Hello everybody, I'm Greg from Ohio. I just joined and I'm not from the other site...lol. I came hear seeking answers to switch my 1950 Dodge 4-door Coronet from 6-volt positive ground to 12-volt negative ground and found a simply awesome post on just how to do it. I am very happy to have found you guys, although I am not sure how much help Ill be,but from the post I found I'm sure any question I come up with I can find someone here with a great answer. I have not played around with modifying old-timers with modern techs since I was young because I got tired of owning a BEAST and having to walk to work. I will have to admit that when they sat in the driveway they got fantastic gas mileage but I did not save much money oweing to the fines..lol. Anyway my current ride is this 4-door Coronet with a stock 230.2 flat-head 6, pretty much still all original with a Gyro-Matic transmission ( I hope this tranny dont give me to much grief but my Dad always said " If it has tits or tires it'll give you trouble'). Right now I am converting it over to 12-volt, and the next project after that I will be re-doing the headliner and seats since i cant live with mo-hair or whatever the interior was made out of. Well everybody thats about the extent of it, except I am sorry I dont have a picture to post but I dont have a digital camera yet, but i might be able to get someone with one to take a snapshot for me and i will get that posted. Thanks much for letting me join, and for all the help I already recieved, and hopefully I wont be the bump on the log, and I will be of some assistance to someone else in the near future. Everybody take care and Happy Trails.........Greg javascript:emoticonp('Very Happy')
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Another newbie on the block, there goes the neighborhood!! Empty Welcome Greg...

Post  Darkside Dave Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:31 am

Hi Greg,
    Darkside Dave here, I'm the guy to blame for starting this mess.I won't apologize for it, but I will take the blame. Glad to here you got some help here. I see you are into a little Mopar Madness. I haven't driven one of thos old Mopar flatheads for years. They were around for a long time. Kind of like the Chevy 235 and the old Ford flat head V8s.

Thanks for posting the introduction. It really helps a lot as it gives others on the board a chance to get to know you and the fact that you just signed on.

Don't be concerned that you will be a bother or any other kind of negative thing here. If you have had a chance to look around you will see that there is a lot of diversification here. Basically we are about the cars, trucks, projects and build threads. I think there are areas here to post about anything you are into vehicle wise. So far as I'm concerned, anything with wheels is fair game.

Yep it's true, we do like pictures here. However, the people that provide the servers for this board are not willing to store the picture files on their servers. That is why every picture you see here is actually hosted someplace else. That can be as easy as signing up for a free Photobucket page. You post your pictures there and then when you post them here you are just pulling the pics from the host site. It's kind of complicated until you get the hang of it. If you have problems just ask me or anyone here that has pics posted and they can help you.

I hope you have time to look around and post sme comments on the other forums and threads here. That way it gets you into gang. I see a lot of guys join and never post. If you don't post you won't get notifications of new posts.

THere are only five simple rules here as you may already know if you have looked around the board. You immediately have all the privledges there are to have right from the beginning.

Once again, welcome and have fun.

Later Man...
    jerryj
    jerryj

Another newbie on the block, there goes the neighborhood!! Empty Re: Another newbie on the block, there goes the neighborhood!!

Post  jerryj Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:49 pm

Welcome Greg! I'm located here in lovely Xenia, Ohio. Can't wait to see some pictures of your project.

Sponsored content

Another newbie on the block, there goes the neighborhood!! Empty Re: Another newbie on the block, there goes the neighborhood!!

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 pm