Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

RUMORS OF MY DEMISE ARE GREATLY EXAGERATED...

Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

RUMORS OF MY DEMISE ARE GREATLY EXAGERATED... Empty RUMORS OF MY DEMISE ARE GREATLY EXAGERATED...

Post  Darkside Dave Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:27 am

Hi Folks,

No, I didn't die or abandon the board... I have been really busy for the last several months. Yeah, I know... You don't believe me... I'm prepared for that. I have evidence. I recently completed a major project for the car club I belong to. We have a lot of car shows and cruise-ins during the show season and we always have a sound system with music from the 60s, 70s & 80s as well as a little bit of the current stuff going and we also use it to announce prizes. Last year I came up with an idea and I pitched it to the club. I suggested we, (that turned out to mean ME), build a big giant jukebox that folks could walk up to and make their own music selections by using a touchscreen monitor. By a vote of the body they went for it. The thing is now done and in service. It is 8' tall and 6' wide and is transported on it's own dedicated trailer with a built in lift system as it weighs 500# and is way to heavy for us old geezers to be lifting and lowering. To make a long story shorter, I will include a few pictures and two links below.

Here is the jukebox just after set up at one of our cruise-ins. We have to get there early to get it set up so there are only a few club member's cars in the picture as the event would not be starting for another hour.

RUMORS OF MY DEMISE ARE GREATLY EXAGERATED... Mktstr1
    You can go to http://www.rollinoldies.net/GJB.htm and see a page on our club website that we use to promote this thing. We also have a club project page that shows the construction process which is at http://www.rollinoldies.net/projects.htm You can click on either of the links to get to these pages. I had a lot of fun designing and building this thing but I'm glad it is done. My poor old truck project had to sit outside wrapped up in tarps for three months while this thing was in my shop. The heart of the jukebox is a computer I built up from a donated DELL PC. I added more memory, went with a solid state drive for ruggedness, (no moving parts), installed WINDOWS 7 and a special jukebox program named Ultimate Jukebox that works with the big touch screen monitor on the front. All the music is on the solid state drive. Currently we have over 600 selections on it and I am adding stuff all the time. We have about 20GB of music on it now and we will probably be adding another solid state drive. Response to this thing has been great and we already have bookings for it by other clubs and organizations. This project would not have been possible without the generous donations from our sponsoring partners which have contributed over $4,000.00 for this project. I realize that this is not a vehicle project but it does help greatly to promote our shows and cruise-ins that promote an interest in all types of cars and trucks. Later Folks...

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:00 am