Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

New Project Coming

wmjoe1953
    wmjoe1953

New Project Coming  Empty New Project Coming

Post  wmjoe1953 Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:26 pm

Hey all, I got a new build coming. This is going to be as close to perfectly restored as possible, so it's not really a darksider, but I'm still gonna share it on here. It's a 1954 F-100. The guy who is going to have me restore it, is the grandson of the original owner. I was afforded an opportunity to see the original sales invoice, dated back to 1954, along with the first bank note showing the loan amount, and payment. The truck sold for $1800 something, and the monthly payment was $65 something. Don't get to see those too often. The guy interviewed a few local "resto" shops, and was disappointed with their lack of information, and knowledge of the old Fords in terms of originality. They all tried to sell him on the whole newer suspension, and drivetrain stuff, saying the truck is better with the new stuff. He wasn't impressed, and liked my ability to answer any and all questions he had in regards to original equipment, and that I have the parts books, and manuals, that the shops do not. In researching for this project, I located some parts rigs. A pair of 54/55 Ford F-Series trucks up in Washington, along with a whole crap load of parts, including a perfect none molested cab, and a repairable chopped top cab. I'll start a sticky build thread as soon as things arrive, and I get started, and will be listing parts we don't use on here, and ebay, and FTE for sale.

Some pics for your viewing pleasure:

New Project Coming  DSCF2307

New Project Coming  DSCF2335

New Project Coming  DSCF2349

New Project Coming  DSCF2348

And some of the parts rigs:

New Project Coming  March5019

New Project Coming  March5031

New Project Coming  March5041

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:22 pm