Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

Working out the bugs & other stuff...

Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Working out the bugs & other stuff... Empty Working out the bugs & other stuff...

Post  Darkside Dave Sat May 02, 2009 10:01 am

Hi Folks,
    Frankentruck and I have been trying to figure out how to get some of the features working here on the board. We now have the gallery function working and lowlid has been giving it a try. I am establishing some Gallery Categories to make stuff easier to find if you are just browsing through to see what is there. Unless I read it wrong, it looks like they are harshly limiting us on storage space but maybe I am wrong or it can be expanded. I have communicated with the people who have the servers this forum is hosted on. That could be a limit placed on us because we are not running their advertising. We may be forced to breakdown and let them in. That may or may not be aggrivating depending on the intensity and type of adds the throw on. Oh well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we get to it.

We now have autocross as our over-all moderator. I have asked him to take on the whole list of forums and caetgories at least temporarilly until I have some time to set others up and divide the workload. If any or you are interested in being a moderator, send me a PM. I'm not looking for NAZI SS types to patrol the cyberscape. I just want some reasonable folks there to keep an eye out for stuff and let me know if they see stuff none of us want. If you have read our Five Simple Rules then you know we are not running a strict and structured set up here. I'm just trying to be realistic. I have seen people get on these boards and really mess things up just to get attention. That is the one thing I will not tolerate.

Our membership is slowly increasing. I want to encourage you folks to tell your friends about the board as well as people you encounter on other boards with similar interests. I think if we had fifty to a hundred truly interested members it would be great. I'm not suggesting we stop there but I am also not out to see how many we can sign up just to brag about the numbers.

I want to encourage you folks to complete your profile. It really helps if you include your location. It's just nice to have an idea what the person you are corresponding with is like and where they are.

I have had a few complaints about how the board is displaying on some computers. It seems it is cutting off pictures and not always displaying the avatars. Try increasing your resolution in you display settings. You will find display on your control panel.

There have also been complaints about not being able to log on. They are adding servers to accomodate the many boards they are hosting. This causes delays, slow speed and sometimes it seems the board is not even there. if you run into that just try later as they may be in the midst of a change.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank wired for the great work he did on creating our header graphic. If I had to do it we would still be looking at a blank space and it would probably take me six months.

OK, that is about all I have for today. I will try to get back here and update this as things develope. Try to remember this is a new baord and we al all in a learming curve here. I have been spending lots of hours just trying to figure out ho to set stuff up. The administrator software is cryptic as hell. It will just take time to get it all right.

Later Folks...

Darkside Dave

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:10 am