Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

2 posters

Looking for help....

kiwiford
    kiwiford

Looking for help.... Empty Looking for help....

Post  kiwiford Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:58 pm

Ok, I will be as upfront as I can. I am in New Zealand, as such, the vehicles we have, a 1977 F150 Ranger XLT and 1953 F100 custom cab are rare down here, so are parts. Now, we have no trouble getting parts that are still made, as in consumable parts, hard parts etc, you know, the stuff available from NPD, Dennis Carpenter, RockAuto and the others....the problem for us are the parts that are no longer reproduced/made, the sort of thing you lucky guy's would get at swapmeets, wreckers etc.
    So, what I am asking for, are some people who would be willing to find parts, or if they come across them, let me know, and for me to be able to pass payment on to them for the parts, then to send the parts to me, or a buddy of mine in Tennessee.
    I will always pay upfront for parts, before you get them, as this solves any hassles.
    There aren't many things we need, that we are aware of yet, but, as per usual, I become aware of things that we are missing.....and that is the sort of thing we may need.
    I will give two examples, we need a 1953 F100 grille, anything considered, as long as it is repairable, and not too expensive if it need work.....also, I am looking for winscreen trim, the wide stainless stuff, from a 1977 F150, I think it may have been used from 1973 to 1980, maybe....
    I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but this really is the only way I can think of getting some of the hard to find/get/out of production items.
    Thanks,
    Shane
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Looking for help.... Empty Re: Looking for help....

Post  Darkside Dave Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:18 pm

Hi Shane,

No need to worry about offending anyone here... Like we could be offended... This is what were here for. I will keep an eye out for the '53 grille which may take a while. Next week I'll be going to several yards that might turn up the stainless trim you want It will probably be cheap if I can find it. Probably not more than $10.00 USD. I'll let you know if I find it. Are you sure of that span of year models? I'm not so I have to go by what you say. Check out our buy, sell and trade category. Put anything you are looking for there.

Later Man...
    kiwiford
    kiwiford

Looking for help.... Empty Some would say.....

Post  kiwiford Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:23 pm

Thanks Dave, I appreciate that.
    I am sure of the years, as long as it is a dentside, it'll fit it.
    Oh, I am beyond help according to some!!
    Cheers,
    Shane
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:32 am

kiwiford wrote:Thanks Dave, I appreciate that.
    I am sure of the years, as long as it is a dentside, it'll fit it.
    Oh, I am beyond help according to some!!
    Cheers,
    Shane

I assume by dentside you are referring to the body indentation that runs about 2/3 up from the bottom along the side, right??? I'm not familiar with that term although it could be common here. My pick up history jumped from a '72 to an '88. I sort of missed that whole series. I had several vans in that period.

BTW, were all beyond help here on the Darkside, it's a prerequisite for membership...

Later Man...
    kiwiford
    kiwiford

Looking for help.... Empty Yup, that's it...

Post  kiwiford Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:12 pm

Yup, that's why they are called a dentside....they call them that on the other forum, where you met me.
    Cheers,
    Shane

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:29 am