Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

4 posters

Rusting away...

Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

ford - Rusting away... Empty Rusting away...

Post  Darkside Dave Fri May 14, 2010 4:09 pm

Hi Folks,

Went hunting today... I got a call about a '50 F-1. It wasn't worth dragging out of the woods. See for yourself

ford - Rusting away... 50F1-1

ford - Rusting away... 50F1-2

ford - Rusting away... 50F1-3

However, I did find something interesting...

Check out this old Aluminum body Ford Milk truck. It looks like someone tried to make a camper out of it.

ford - Rusting away... 50Milk-1

ford - Rusting away... 50Milk-2
    In addition to this he has three '66 Mustangs so covered up that you can hardly see them. Two convertibles and one hard top.

The guy is '88 years old and he is a typical hoarder. He has two Pintos and they aren't too bad. He wants $700.00 for the pair. He said 8 and I said 6 so he came down to 7. I have plenty of time to work on him. I always wanted a Pinto to rat rod.

Later Folks...
    Boilermaker
    Boilermaker

ford - Rusting away... Empty milk truck

Post  Boilermaker Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:53 pm

That old Ford milk truck looks like the vehicle they fashioned those new Sprinter delivery vehicle after. So their design is only a good 50 years behind Henry's.
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

ford - Rusting away... Empty Re: Rusting away...

Post  Darkside Dave Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:06 pm

Ford only built the rolling chassis. The bodys were built by after market manufacturers. This was pretty much ths same for all the American truck manufacturers. It is still being done today. UPS trucks are an example.
    52lomofo
    52lomofo

ford - Rusting away... Empty ford truck

Post  52lomofo Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:21 am

its a 51 or 52 lots of good parts on it i need a tailgate lol how much was he asking for the ford??
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:44 am

52lomofo wrote:its a 51 or 52 lots of good parts on it i need a tailgate lol how much was he asking for the ford??

He wanted $500.00 for it. I doubt if it would hold together when you hooked on to it to pull it out of there. He did not have a title for it either. That was about a year and a half ago. The guy was pretty old and he might not even be alive by now. The place is about 16 miles from me by back roads. A lot of older cars around but only a few worth anything. There were three '66 mustangs in decent shape. Two 2dr and a convertible. They were actually stuffed away in sheds and a corn crib. It would be tough to get them out. He also had three decent Pintos I tried to buy for the low book in a bundle but he wouldn't sell. It would have taken him a week apiece to get them out.

Later Man...

Darkside Dave
    kiwiford
    kiwiford

ford - Rusting away... Empty Well, ifn ya saw my '77....

Post  kiwiford Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:05 pm

Well, ifn ya saw the state of my '77 then I'd say the '51/'52 is fixable!!
    Shane
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:11 pm

No way your 77 is that bad... If you hooked up to the '51 to drag it out of the woods there would be nothing left on the hook by the time you got it to the road...

Darkside Dave

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 am