Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

Welcome the virgin

jerryj

Welcome the virgin

Post  jerryj on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:43 pm

SAY WELCOME WHAT! Lol I'm glad I have your attention. I guess since I'm new the site that's an appropriate title so please break me in easy.

I'm 49, brown hair with some gray (I still have most of it), hazel eyes, 5'7", 250lbs and dropping, married for 25 years, two boys Jesse (21) and Corey (16) and from Xenia, OH.

I'm an engineer that specializes in production analysis and advance manufacturing technologies.

I love long walks..... wait wrong forum.

I really do love mentoring young people through this wonderful hobby of ours. I'm the mentor for some very special young people in a local car club, a 4H adviser and a science fair judge for 8th-12th graders. I love learning! I like all kinds of rides including what people refer to as ricers.

My current project is a 37 Ford 5 window coupe that I'm chopping and doing all the fun stuff to make it a really cool Hot Rod. I'm trying to make it as 50's period correct as I can without jeopardizing safety. It will be powered by supercharged flathead and fueled by a modern EFI system that I intend to conceal as much as possible. The transmission is a New Process A-833 four speed with overdrive (fourth gear is .73). The rear axle is a 3.73 Ford 8.8 with traction lock. Hopefully I will be posting a construction page on my home site in the near future. If you go to the Talon project page you can see my oldest son's project. Make sure you check out his carbon fiber hood construction page.

Dave turned me on to this site after responding to a Craigslist ad. Thanks Dave!

I look forward to talking to everyone and hopefully meeting you at some event.

Thanks for having me.

Jerry
    Grumpyoldman
    Admin

Re: Welcome the virgin

Post  Grumpyoldman on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:55 pm

Welcome Aboard,

Its nice to see you, I can't wait to see your posts on your 37 Ford 5 window coupe....

If you have any questions just PM myself or Darksider Dave., We'll be happy to help you.

Grumpyoldman

http://gearhead.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:52 am