Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

4 posters

Just Saying Hello

mt54
    mt54

Just Saying Hello Empty Just Saying Hello

Post  mt54 Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:28 am

Hi All,
    Just getting tings set up here. I think most of you know me. I'm building a 54 f100 chopped and dropped, completely dark..

Mike
    charger
    charger

Just Saying Hello Empty Re: Just Saying Hello

Post  charger Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:50 am

welcome to the dark side!! who are you?? sounds like a cool project,please post pictures of your truck i`d really like to see it, i`m doing the same thing to my `55.
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Just Saying Hello Empty Right Back at You...

Post  Darkside Dave Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:11 am

Hi Mike,
    Glad to see you are getting something posted here... I'm with charger, we want more pics !!!

And Welcome to the Darkside. Did you bring cookies???

Later Man...
    mt54
    mt54

Post  mt54 Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:41 pm

Well I haven't figured out how to post any pics yet. workin on it
    charger
    charger

Post  charger Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:08 pm

its pretty simple in the little boxes on top when your putting in a reply about the center t(box with a computer and a photo) called host an immage, just hit that download the picture you want, copy and thenpaste it into your reply.
    tomget
    tomget

Just Saying Hello Empty new member

Post  tomget Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:07 am

Hey Mike

Your motor looks great, I too would like to see more build pix. Your truck sounds great. I think those 54's look good with a haircut. Not all the Effie's do--imo. But your year for sure. And I like'm with haircuts!

Good luck Tom
    mt54
    mt54

Post  mt54 Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:17 am

I have] put some pic in my gallery, I'll give it a try here in a post
    [url=https://servimg.com/view/14531174/7]Just Saying Hello Dscf0414[/url

Last edited by mt54 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add pic)
    mt54
    mt54

Post  mt54 Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:22 am

There we go.. I think I got it now.
    This shows my visior and my custom filler for the one piece side glass
    mt54
    mt54

Post  mt54 Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:44 am

I'm Mike frome North western Pa. I've been working on my project for over 5years now. The frame and drive train are completer for the most part.
    I'm running a Cordoba IFS in the front and Explorer rear.
    I streched the wheel base about 3 inches or so. I cut and moved the front fender wheel opening forward to even out the look of the fender, eliminating the long nose look of the fender.
    All shaved and seems filled. I built a single piviot forward tilt hood that uses power actuators to raise and lower.
    Running a 289 cid all fresh and brand new, with a rv cam, edelbrock intake and carb.
    behind it is a AOD tranny completely rebuilt with a shift enhancer installed.
    I built a custom grille, starting with a 53 grill and shaving the back to set it in and changing the whole look of the front.
    Just Saying Hello Dscf0010
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Just Saying Hello Empty By George, I think you've got it !!!

Post  Darkside Dave Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:23 pm

Hi Mike,

Hey Man, you got the pic thing worked out. Good show Man... I like what you have done so far. There is a guy in AZ that is on the FTE and maybe here too, I can't remember... He did that thing you did on the window opening of the door. I have something like that in mind because I would like to mount some remote control mirrors there. I have some from an Aerostar and another set from a Lincoln Mark 8 LSC that I have been thinking about using.

Anyway, great work and keep posting the pictures. I will be watching with interest as I have two '53 F-100 projects to do.

Allow me to suggest you aet this up as a build thread and add to it as you go. If you do I will make it a sticky so it will stay at the top with the other two build threads. How does that sound to you???

Later Man...
    tomget
    tomget

Just Saying Hello Empty re: just saying hello

Post  tomget Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:18 pm

Mike

thanks for the additional photos. That's a big project. I think you're really putting together a good combo of motor tranny performance/and fuel mileage. Should be a good useable truck for a long time. Keep at it. I see you mentioned 5years so far. For sure it can take a lot of time. Especially with all your mods. I think you've got a sophisticated build what with the front fender opening "realignment" etc and the stretched wheel base. I like it when people are willing to go the extra mile. I don't expect or demand it, but its cool to see someone pushing the envelope and giving it so much thought and effort. I admire Andrews build for the same reasons.

Tom
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:36 pm

Hey Mike,

I was looking at you integrated visor and it looks pretty darn cool. I would like to do that with my '53. Do you have any pics of the work while it was in progress???

Later Man...

mt54
    mt54

Post  mt54 Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:31 pm

I'll have to take a look for pics.
    It basicly is 16 or 14 ga. cut to fit, after removeal of the side drip rails I let the visior rest on the front welded taht then welded to the cab. To finish it off I took 1/4" round to mak the lip and continued that clear back over the door then contoured it down the back of the door where I then tappered it off to nothing approx 1/2 way down the door window opening.

That thing sat on my truck for a good 3 months just tacked until I committed to it.
    I like it.
    Heres about all I could find for pics
    Just Saying Hello Dscf0011
    Just Saying Hello Dscf0012
    Just Saying Hello Dscf0013

Last edited by mt54 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add pics)
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:56 pm

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the speedy come back and the picture. I was considering something slightly different in terms of going back further up the roof with it to make it a smooth transition but I'm not sure how much harder that would make it to do. I was also considering some recessed LED marker lights. But I'm just dreaming right now.

Later Man...

charger
    charger

Post  charger Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:03 am

hey Mike now i know who you are! well welcome here , really like what you have done to your truck , looks awesome!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 am