Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

5 posters

changing plans and a wife wanting to murderize me .................

55f350
    55f350

changing plans and a wife wanting to murderize me ................. Empty changing plans and a wife wanting to murderize me .................

Post  55f350 Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:26 pm

welp i hauled my freebie parts car home today , woulda drove it but pulled the upper plenum and radiator on it . don't recall if i said anything here 'bout it . it is a 91 { was told 93 but ....... } and it was supposedto be minus it's driveline as jacob wanted the 5.0 and aod for his 67 effie . well he discovered he had to drop it out the bottom and what was entailed and threw his hands up and said nope . so my FREE donor came with it's 302 and all still in place .... would put it back together but the rockers and the floorpan are to say the least non existent . well a fella over on fte has had my mind ITCHING from a suspension swap he did , and had me looking at the poor 95 with evil intentions from time to time . now i got all the bits to do it without disabling the 95 . larry swapped the whole front and rear irs into his old effie . so now i'm gonna scratch my itch .... anyone for thunderchicken supported flatty ???????????? the front and rear tracks are deadon to my truck s , and all in all looks to be a fairly uncomplicated swap so away we go !!! never mind all the new pieces laying round for lowering and rebuilding the oe straight axle and rear diff . prolly going to do it to my oe frame not the one i got from you dave , as mine is slightly tweaked and needs to be pulled making it a good candidate for it . the bird is will be giving up all sorts of lil' trinkets i need and / or want for both the 53 and the 95 bird . may sell the 5.0 and auto , but i've been entertaining thoughts of going through it for the forthcoming foray into bracket racing as parts are so much cheaper than the 4.6 's . well i bored you enough . gonna go hide before she kills me . she dont understand that i have enough parts and pieces and drivelines , just need a cab , to build another . they aren't going to go to waste .......... LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bounce
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

changing plans and a wife wanting to murderize me ................. Empty Re: changing plans and a wife wanting to murderize me .................

Post  Darkside Dave Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:12 pm

Hey Kevin,

She will get over it.

Later Man...

carnut122
    carnut122

changing plans and a wife wanting to murderize me ................. Empty Re: changing plans and a wife wanting to murderize me .................

Post  carnut122 Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:24 pm

Bring on the swap! affraid
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:17 pm

Hey Carnut,
    I looked up your location in GA. You are about 60 miles North of my Son who lives in Douglasville just off I-20. we were up in your neck of the woods last year aboutbn this time looking through an old car junkyard. I didn't buy anything because he wanted way too much for his rust. He had two '54 F-100 panel trucks that would probably have made one truck with a lot or work and spare parts. They were sinking into the ground and he wanted 1,800 for one and 2,200 for the other. I think he is online as www.oldcarcity.com . Yeah, that's it... I have heard he actuaslly gets those prices for that shit. I would really like to tap into his customer base. I could make a killing.

Later Man...
    55f350
    55f350

Post  55f350 Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:31 pm

well the swap is gonna happen . i'm pulling the ol' girl in after i clean my mess up , and GET her going under her own power again . means finally rewiring it , replacing the valve springs and getting all my switches , etc, from the two million different ford cars and trucks to fit and look like they belong , and function !! then i'll drag the frame i got from you in again dave , finish what i started there with the homemade disc swap etc , and put it all together as a running truck . i'm going to perform the crazed surgery on my oe frame as it is tweaked so no harm no foul ............. i also have come to the conclusion i gotta rent a place to store some of my parts and pieces and the 91 bird , as i am running out of corners to hide it in ..... welp off to blow the stink off and bed . 2am comes too early . later fella's !!!!!!!!!!! Smile bounce
    carnut122
    carnut122

Post  carnut122 Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:18 pm

Dave, yep, I think that yard is about 15 miles from my house. Is it in White, GA? I've never bothered to stop there. It always looks like nobody is around, but he had a bill-board advertising tours. I just haven't really seen anything from the highway that intrigued me enough(that wasn't a complete rust-bucket)to stop there.
    carnut122
    carnut122

Post  carnut122 Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:20 pm

Dave, Douglasville seems to be a pretty up and coming area of the state. Either Sam or Dave(I can never remember which one) from Two Guy's Garage lives there and sponsors a car show there too.
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:56 pm

Yep, that's the one. My Son Sean has lived in Douglasville for about 12 years now. He too has a '53 F-100 but he hasn't done anything to it yet.
    carnut122
    carnut122

Post  carnut122 Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:42 am

Does he need a few parts(fenders steering column and wheel, and rear end)? I'll let them go very reasonably. Oops, didn't mean to hijack the thread!
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:12 am

carnut122 wrote:Does he need a few parts(fenders steering column and wheel, and rear end)? I'll let them go very reasonably. Oops, didn't mean to hijack the thread!

I don't think anyone worries too much about hijacking threads around here but I did send you an e-mail in response to your PM Maybe from now on we can carry this over to your new build thread.

Later Man...
    55f350
    55f350

Post  55f350 Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:43 am

well hades dave i had a complete column from one of these ol' girls sitting here replete with the column shift and linkage . if i'da known i'da brought it over with me and the details could have been worked out later . as far as the fenders hahahaha . good rust free fenders here LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!! as it is i'm going to spend the dough for new ones as mine are a little rough , but not bad considering it's spent it's life here , and probably buy a new bed from mar k as it'll take more money to beat all the dents etc. outta mine than to buy the new one . wife thinks i'm being lazy , nope using my head for a change . oh by the way . i know some guys said to use jb to fill the cracks in my steering wheel to repair it . well i used that mighty putty you see the now deceased billy mays advertise on tv . it worked amazingly . found it at the local wally world cheap and thought what the hades i'd give it a shot . i'll be if it didn't actually work . still havent painted the dain thing though and it's been done for 8 months ...................
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:42 am

Kevin,

I don't really have any need for the original steering columns but I bet the purists would love to get their hands on what you have. You ought to put it on the FTE classifieds. I'm a die hard Darksider... Just as a purist would never do the stuff I do, I could not live with myself unless I radically change everything which includes a tilt steering column. Actually I am using the whole dash and steering column from a '99 Explorer. Somewhere here on the board I posted a thread about our visit to Pull-A-Part back in April. There are pictures there of the complete dash and Column I got for han $100.00 and that also included the floor pedals and the complete wiring harness and all the fuse and relay boxes under the hood.

Now fenders are a different thing all together. I am waiting to see Carnut's pictures. If we strike a deal I may have my son run up to his plsce and pick them up unless he is willing and able to hold on to them until I get down there. Kind of like the deal with your frame...

Later Man...
    carnut122
    carnut122

Post  carnut122 Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:15 pm

"Now fenders are a different thing all together. I am waiting to see Carnut's pictures. If we strike a deal I may have my son run up to his plsce and pick them up unless he is willing and able to hold on to them until I get down there."

Oops! Sorry Dave, I didn't drag them out to take pictures. Remind me and I'll get pictures this week-end. I pretty much stay out of the garage during the week.
    55f350
    55f350

Post  55f350 Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:39 pm

the guys on fte are as big a bunch of tight a--es as i am dave so nope , won't fly there . for a freind i'd come off it , but in all honesty im going to try and mate an original column , shortened up of course and it's cover with the power rack and pinion set up on the donor bird . i'm going to run a wild one by all of you . i need to make a support if you will on top of my frame for the top a arm and the strut to mount too . well larry , the fella who inspired me with his bird equipped bonus built , built it out of tubing , etc. as we all would normally do .... but i see things a little different at times . i was looking and measuring the strut tower on the bird . it's the exact heigth i need from it's frame rail to the top = same for mine . now obviously it has the added benefit / support of being spot welded into the front clip of the car for extra support , but heres my idea . i am trying to make this look as neat and tidy as i can , and im thinking i can use it the oe tower and add some plate to it and some supports welded to it and the frame and it should do the job . opinions please ....... i'm no rocket scientist just a dreamer with oddball thought's and eyesight ....
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:13 pm

carnut122 wrote:"Now fenders are a different thing all together. I am waiting to see Carnut's pictures. If we strike a deal I may have my son run up to his plsce and pick them up unless he is willing and able to hold on to them until I get down there."

Oops! Sorry Dave, I didn't drag them out to take pictures. Remind me and I'll get pictures this week-end. I pretty much stay out of the garage during the week.

No hurry Man... It will be a while before I can get down there so I expect that I would be the delay factor here. Whenever you get around to it is OK. The big truck is not going anyplace until I do a Turbo job on it and I expect that to wait until the good weather has passed.

Later Man...
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:21 pm

55f350 wrote:the guys on fte are as big a bunch of tight a--es as i am dave so nope , won't fly there . for a freind i'd come off it , but in all honesty im going to try and mate an original column , shortened up of course and it's cover with the power rack and pinion set up on the donor bird . i'm going to run a wild one by all of you . i need to make a support if you will on top of my frame for the top a arm and the strut to mount too . well larry , the fella who inspired me with his bird equipped bonus built , built it out of tubing , etc. as we all would normally do .... but i see things a little different at times . i was looking and measuring the strut tower on the bird . it's the exact heigth i need from it's frame rail to the top = same for mine . now obviously it has the added benefit / support of being spot welded into the front clip of the car for extra support , but heres my idea . i am trying to make this look as neat and tidy as i can , and im thinking i can use it the oe tower and add some plate to it and some supports welded to it and the frame and it should do the job . opinions please ....... i'm no rocket scientist just a dreamer with oddball thought's and eyesight ....

I don't know about that Kevin... Those guys have spent way more than I have on stuff that was used.

I think I would look into incorporating the whole tower and attached inner fender panel to the frame and use it as an inner fender too.

Later Man...
    55f350
    55f350

Post  55f350 Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:42 am

that thought has occurred to me to maybe attaching it to the cab and frame and using it and the 53 pieces to fab up a functional wheel well and keeping the oe radiator and mounting arrangement . trying to make peep's scratch their heads and try to figure out what's not right ............. . i plan on cutting the whole thing off the donor as soon as i get it in the garage and torn down and examine that possibility . we shall see . i think i might be in danger here as some of the purists over on fte might be having a cow atr me " cutting up " a mostly stock survivor LOL !!!!!!!!! i'm not changing anything that can't be returned to oe easily enough oither than maybe boxing the frame rails . i wish i wasn't putting in the damn hours again as i'm getting " antsy " to get going on this . i like to tinker and try and reinvent the wheel as it were . sometimes i succeed other times i fubar something up ...... such is life !!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:57 am

55f350 wrote:that thought has occurred to me to maybe attaching it to the cab and frame and using it and the 53 pieces to fab up a functional wheel well and keeping the oe radiator and mounting arrangement . trying to make peep's scratch their heads and try to figure out what's not right ............. . i plan on cutting the whole thing off the donor as soon as i get it in the garage and torn down and examine that possibility . we shall see . i think i might be in danger here as some of the purists over on fte might be having a cow atr me " cutting up " a mostly stock survivor LOL !!!!!!!!! i'm not changing anything that can't be returned to oe easily enough oither than maybe boxing the frame rails . i wish i wasn't putting in the damn hours again as i'm getting " antsy " to get going on this . i like to tinker and try and reinvent the wheel as it were . sometimes i succeed other times i fubar something up ...... such is life !!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

BAD IDEA !!! I repeat, BAD IDEA!!! NEVER, hard fasten to the frame and the cab. Let the cab float. Here's why... The frame is a flexing frame and the cab is rigid. All unibody assemblies are rigid and DO NOT flex. All flexing is done in the suspension. If you must fasten to the firewall then use a flexing rubber section. Once you have welded anything to the frame you can't really go back as you say. It's not an option.

As for those guys on the FTE, forget about them and what they think. They are just what they are, purists. That's neither bad or good so far as this is concerned. The point is that they do not and cannot think in terms of innovation and modification. It's genetic, they ain't got the genes for it dude. Basically they polish and repair what is there. Don't worry about the preservation aspect. We got lots of museums and collectors spread out all over the country who have that covered. Let 'em whine and cry. they will get over it and beside that they have no way to affect you life and well being. Just remember, make it you, make it right and do it cheap.

I understand wanting to keep some of the aspects of the old trucks. For me it's mainly a matter asthetics. I see my project trucks as being something like Dr, Who's Tardis. Looks old on the outside but once inside you feel like you have traveled ahead fifty years in time. But hey, this is just me talking...

Later Man...
    55f350
    55f350

Post  55f350 Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:11 am

oh no not going to weld or hard fasten it to either if i go that route . it'll " float " as it were . rubber gaskets and bolts . the danger thing is a joke as i got a couple of " grimaces " shall we say from a couple of guys . it"s like you said and how i'm thinking and feeling at present it's mine and i'll do it the way i want to make me happy . i'm not as old as you but i've beat myself up and after riding around in the beater bird the ride is nice as i can enjoy the drive . now combine that and the cool factor of that ol' furd and the flatty .......... well you got a winning combo for a beater / daily driver .
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:20 pm

55f350 wrote:oh no not going to weld or hard fasten it to either if i go that route . it'll " float " as it were . rubber gaskets and bolts . the danger thing is a joke as i got a couple of " grimaces " shall we say from a couple of guys . it"s like you said and how i'm thinking and feeling at present it's mine and i'll do it the way i want to make me happy . i'm not as old as you but i've beat myself up and after riding around in the beater bird the ride is nice as i can enjoy the drive . now combine that and the cool factor of that ol' furd and the flatty .......... well you got a winning combo for a beater / daily driver .

I'm not sure you fully understand what I am trying to say here. If you are fastening the inner fender/suspension tower stuff to the frame you are going to have to do some good welding and bracing. You can't just bolt it on. The frane will have to be boxed and reinforced with a cross member that will prevent twisiting. Actually the whole front structure of the T-bird needs to be intigrated onto the frame. If you don't the towers and inner fender walls will flex toward each other every time you hit a bump. Your situation is kind of like my buddy Koth's. he is building a ratrod using the driveline and suspension from a '90 Lincoln Mark. He is going to have the ties in the whole suspension and steering cross member to a conventional rail frame something like yours. That car had a four link rear suspension and the frame will have to be modified and beefed up for that too. I said to use a rubber link to the cab from the inner fenders because the cab moves in respect to the frame.

Later Man...

Last edited by Darkside Dave on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    havi
    havi

Post  havi Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:20 pm

Fabricate some sort of Monte Carlo bar for the towers.
    55f350
    55f350

Post  55f350 Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:42 am

ok dave now that i am somewhat cognizant i.e. not walking around brain dead , here we go . 1. i am going to use the frame i got from you . 2. it is going to be boxed . 3. we are going to use the oe towers as a pattern and make some out of steel and weld them to the frame rails . there will be all the oe x members from the 53 frame and the ones for the engine / suspension cradle , and the rear irs in the frame , and after the flatty is back in i am going to make a " monte carlo bar as havi mentioned , for a little more support . the whole thing should be good and solid , safe , and good to go . it's not goimg to be half a--ed and i enlisted the old rocket scientist / car builder for years / old fart / freind of the family, bud jenkins , to come over and give me a hand . he want's the 5.0 and aod so i said lets take it out in trade . i would rather not box it a and have all those dain x members to modify as i am thinking she's gonna be ultra stiff , but it just makes sense to do it once only ..... all my cash is gonna be tied up in this , and getting it dependably driveable if you will so it's gonna look like a beat up old work truck for another year . no new bed , etc.. this time around . scott if you are still looking for a real old ih send me a pm i got one for ya .................
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:50 am

55f350 wrote:ok dave now that i am somewhat cognizant i.e. not walking around brain dead , here we go . 1. i am going to use the frame i got from you . 2. it is going to be boxed . 3. we are going to use the oe towers as a pattern and make some out of steel and weld them to the frame rails . there will be all the oe x members from the 53 frame and the ones for the engine / suspension cradle , and the rear irs in the frame , and after the flatty is back in i am going to make a " monte carlo bar as havi mentioned , for a little more support . the whole thing should be good and solid , safe , and good to go . it's not goimg to be half a--ed and i enlisted the old rocket scientist / car builder for years / old fart / freind of the family, bud jenkins , to come over and give me a hand . he want's the 5.0 and aod so i said lets take it out in trade . i would rather not box it a and have all those dain x members to modify as i am thinking she's gonna be ultra stiff , but it just makes sense to do it once only ..... all my cash is gonna be tied up in this , and getting it dependably driveable if you will so it's gonna look like a beat up old work truck for another year . no new bed , etc.. this time around . scott if you are still looking for a real old ih send me a pm i got one for ya .................

Hmmm... Well, it's your choice and you gotta live with it but I think I would have used the 302 since you say this is going to be a daily driver. For those flattys to run right and be dependable, they need to be completely rebuilt. Chances of finding one that doesn't have cracked valve seats is almost impossible. There are shops that fix that problem but I could probably find and buy four 302s for what that costs. Another problem is the occasional repair parts like starters, carb, fuel pump, and water pumps are going to cost you. The old four port radiator is another repair problem. You ain't gonna get this stuff at AutoZone and most likely you would have to wait to get it by order and it will cost you through the nose. What you are doing would probably be OK for something you occasionally play with but I would never put it to work as a daily driver. It does sound like you have the frame mod situation worked out. Another thing is you are going to have to figure out how to mount a power steering pump on the flathead. You are going to have to put an extra pulley on the crank because the old water pumps can't handle the extra belt tension you will need for the PS pump to work right. In short, there are a lot of little things you are going to have to do to make this all work out. If it were me and the flatty you have is running decent I would sell it off to a purist. and I bet I could use the money to find a complete donor vehicle with everything you need including a whole drive train. I saw a guy here sell a '48 flatty for $400.00 and the buyer came and took it out of the truck. I could have bought two donors for that. I'm sure you could find a complete FI 302 that would bolt right down into that setup you are building.

Of course I am talking about being a practical solution for a daily driver, but if it's just something unique and different you want then I say go for it. Over the years I have learned the hard way that fabbed and modified vehicles have their little quirks that can be a real pain in the ass, no matter how much pain and care you put into them. They just aren't practical for daily drivers. You always hear people moan and bitch about this and that regarding production vehicles but in reality they drive the cars of today 100K before they do anything to them. Even in the '60s you needed a tune up every 15K to 20K. I never have and never will count on my modified old trucks to take long trips and use them on a daily basis. Not only is there way too much risk of harm to them out there with all the idiots but they just can't be counted on for the kind of reliability I need. I can hop in either one of our Taurus's without even a slight worry about not getting where I am going. the reason for that is not only because I keep them in good order but also because there was a lot of testing and engineering that went into to them to make them that way. lets face it, our testing program starts when we drive these things. I don't care how hard you try, these things just don't come out right the first time. If you can do that you are wasting you time at you current occupation. For me part of the fun of building and having a fabbed and modified vehicle is working out all the little problems and making it right. That happens over a period of time which usually amount to years. Because of all the above reasoning I just don't even consider using these things as daily drivers. There is just no way it is practical.

Just keep in mind that what I think is just that. In spite of what I think, people are most likely going to do what they want to do. I just think I should at least inform them about certain things. What people do with my information and opinions is completely up to them and I take no particular offense if they don't agree with me. I would rather say what I do as opposed to hearing about how this or that did not work out because it was due to not ever being informed. If you see somebody do something that doesn't work out you are probably a lot less likely to try the same thing. Whatever the case my be, I wish you good luck with your project and I won't feel bad if you prove me wrong. This is just something to think about before you take the plunge.

Later Man...

55f350
    55f350

Post  55f350 Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:05 pm

opinions are like butt holes dave every ones got one !!! LOL !!!!!!!!! no i take what you say as well as the others and see if it is something that makes sense or i might consider . as far as the flathead dave . well i have been running the hell out of it for over two years prior to parking , and i and others have looked at it and there isn't a damn thing wrong with it , not even the fabled cracks around the head bolts with ford parts no's . she has been and brought me back from , over 200 miles the way she was in summer heat without a glitch , no high temps nothing . the power steering pump i'm working on , may just go to a manual rack and solve it all as a 79-93 rack will fit the bird without any mods other than the tie rod ends are different , but gotta fella who makes them { diff thread pitch , and sizes on the threaded insert part } through some guys on the bird forum for about 20 bucks total over buying all four new ones . the radiator , well us radiator still makes them , bought a new one for 350 and the old one has been recored , and the tanks welded up and it's sitting on a shelf in case it's ever needed . the 91 has a running gt 40 equipped 5.0 in it now and it's gone traded off it and the tranny , as soon as i get it out . if i was going to be silly and dispose of my flatty , well i'll have the sweet running 4.6 and 4r70w out of my 95 bird , as i bought a newer , more powerful low mileage 4.6 npi for 250, trans , wiring harness , maf everything for it and it's future on the track . i also got two fe big blocks sitting here and a 292 . so if a miracle happens and the flatty gives up i'm covered . water pumps were ordered and will be put on before it goes in despite mine still being good . got the new ones with all the updated bearings etc. instead of relying on the ancient design .yeah they can be a pain in the ass and to me that's just part of running around in an old vehicle . i have always and will forever hold to the motto if i own it it's going to get driven all the time , no matter what . i only bought the bird as the 53 being down and the lack of time forced me too . now it's about to become a project itself . old can be dependable , and reliable as well as one that is modified . the key to me in my mind is not going overboard on fancy sh-t and killer motors that overheat , and can't run below 3000 rpm like so many seem to do . case in point in the last three years , i made the three different cruises without any trouble in a trip round town for the cruise for charity and the mother road , in 90 plus heat and high humidity and guys with stock muscle cars , tuners and killers on wheels fell by the wayside and had to be towed , pushed or . to the end . i just kept puttering along . you'll just get better mileage than me , i'll get better smiles per gallon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    55f350
    55f350

Post  55f350 Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:12 pm

now then i've gotten the 91 about 1/4 disassembled , as it's a total pain in the arse with all the hidden bolts , the incredible amount of wiring , so forth . moved all the parts the frame , etc. over to a place i rented and got locked up like frt. know , while i'm doing this , and been picking up lil' things here and there . as soon as the crusty rusty turd is gone the frame comes back and the fun begins !!!!!!!!!! it will be running again if i can keep momentum and cash flowing , ie no damn monetary suprises like bills i didna know about , by late spring with any luck . not goin to count on it , but thats the hope and plan . stumbled across a heck of a deal on of all things though a chevy , 1996 3/4 ton truck from a local quarry for 500 . my eldest daughters father in law bought it for an extra farm vehicle . i've been using it to move some things and think i've convinced him to part with it . it's a diesel and it's already beat to hades so i can't hurt it using it to shuttle parts , etc . around for now . they just seem to follow me home ................. and for 500 i'll buy and drive anything !!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:38 am