Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

Time SHORTAGE

FORDBOYpete

Time SHORTAGE

Post  FORDBOYpete on Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:02 am

I don't know about the rest of y'all but I am really overextended time wise lately. I don't have hardly anytime for myself and don't have time to take time to make time. Besides that I have no clue how one "makes clock time". I have heard that all my life, well ya just gotta make time for(Huh?)
    There are only 24 hours in a day, so where do I put time I made if I coud make time. I
    used to make time when I was a lot younger, but it was a whole different subject, Ha ha ha ha
    . It's good to be a little busy, but it's not good never having any time just to "play around" like on here for instance. I have some stuff I wanted to post on here about OBD-1 and OBD-2 systems on how to read and/or manipulate them. Of course I only have FoMoCo Codes for OBD-1, but I suspect it is at least possible to get them For Government Motors & MoPaR too, if they have or even use OBD-1. I know OBD-1 will not run on speed density logic, it has to be MAFS at least. "SD" logic is way too slow & narrow I would think, but I don't really know because I don't screw around with those marques since I retired & closed my shop. I don't really care about them in fact.
    Well having said that, an OBD-1 system can be pulsed by using an analog VOM meter and tapping the datalink terminal of a diagnostic port. The needle pulses will translate into numerics and you can copy the motion and breaks then write down the code your PCM transmits.
    CIAO 4 NOW
    FBp
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Re: Time SHORTAGE

Post  Darkside Dave on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:32 am

Hi Pete,

Good to hear from you. I know what you mean about time... I think it really comes down to time management, which BTW, I'm not very good at. That said, I think you can see that I understand where you're coming from on this. I think what it really comes down to is that when you get to our point in life you tend to focus your time on whatever attracts most of your attention. Granted, it's not a very good idea to work that way but it sems to be a natural tendency.

Hopefully you will find it interesting enough to get involved and be able to be a contributor here. I am sure we could all use the knowledge you can provide. May I suggest you start something in the category of Computers, PCM's, ECM's & Instrumentation. Here is the link for that category: http://darksidersrealm.forumotion.com/computers-pcm-s-ecm-s-instrumentation-c12/

At this time we have one member here, koth, that is wanting to use the drive train and computer system from a 1990 Lincoln Mark 7, which is a high output 5.0L with headers, as as the source od motivation in a rat rod. He of course will need the computer system with it. One of his biggest challenges is going to be using the computer and deleating everything he doesn't want. Yeah, I know, why not just put a four barrel on it and be done with it??? But what fun would that be? After all, this is the Darkside...

Post  charger on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:21 pm

a 4 barrel! common thats no fun!i`ve got my crown vic engine bolted in ready to go and all the wiring out of it just waiting for me! just can`t find any time for it! just gotta get yourself a good wiring diagram and get at her,but yeh i nkow what you mean about time,i was working a full time job and had a small engine business at night,had 15 minutes to eat when i got home and worked till lots of times 2 in the morning,get up at 5 and do the same thing! was forced to get rid of my business for more (leisure time) yeh right,still can`t get anything done,i now just put in less hours in the day! i guess it keeps the wife happy!
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave on Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:57 pm

Hi Charger,

My buddy koth has a 1990 Lincoln Mark 7 wiring diagrams manual coming from an ebay sale. It is supposed to be a regular Ford shop manual. That should help. I have a feeling I'll be involved because my buddy doesn't do wiring stuff very well. He is one hell of a machinists though. We just trade off on that stuff.

Later Man...

Post  55f350 on Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:39 am

TIME, WHAT IS TIME ???????? i haven't been able to do a dain thing for a lack of it ! ask dave i still got stuff in his way there !!!!!! and i'm trying to work on a trade for more with another fella here ! the 53 has sat untouched for what 5 months now ??? my eldest just got married in florida last week and it wasn't so long ago i taught her how to drive ............. obd codes or info on how to manipulate them oh yeah !!! i'm not sure what the turd bird has , i think obd 1 , but after beating my head 'gainst the wall for awhile that might come in handy when i start playing with it !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:05 am

55f350 wrote:TIME, WHAT IS TIME ???????? i haven't been able to do a dain thing for a lack of it ! ask dave i still got stuff in his way there !!!!!! and i'm trying to work on a trade for more with another fella here ! the 53 has sat untouched for what 5 months now ??? my eldest just got married in florida last week and it wasn't so long ago i taught her how to drive ............. obd codes or info on how to manipulate them oh yeah !!! i'm not sure what the turd bird has , i think obd 1 , but after beating my head 'gainst the wall for awhile that might come in handy when i start playing with it !!!!!!!!!!!!

If it is pre '95 it's OBD1

Later...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:38 pm