Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

3 posters

My Junk...

Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

My Junk... Empty My Junk...

Post  Darkside Dave Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:57 pm

OK Folks,
    Here goes nothin'... Here are a couple of pics of my two '53s. The red one is in the shop being stripped. there isn't a lot of good stuuf there to work with but with extra parts I have and such it will live on although the only original parts my be a windshield, a serial plate, body parts and a title.

My Junk... 53F100-03wpMy Junk... 53-2-01
    55f350
    55f350

My Junk... Empty Re: My Junk...

Post  55f350 Wed May 13, 2009 7:57 pm

yes sir dave but 'member .... one ,mans junk is another man's treasure !!!!!!! Very Happy
    SunDown
    SunDown

Post  SunDown Thu May 28, 2009 10:05 am

you know, I always thought that those toothy grills looked nice and wondered what they would look like chromed up... I have one, not chromed, but after seeing them actually on a truck I am not so sure.

Both of those trucks would be more than welcome in my garage. That blue one looks to be a great find!
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave Thu May 28, 2009 10:55 am

SunDown wrote:you know, I always thought that those toothy grills looked nice and wondered what they would look like chromed up... I have one, not chromed, but after seeing them actually on a truck I am not so sure.

Both of those trucks would be more than welcome in my garage. That blue one looks to be a great find!

Hi SunDown,

Thanks for the kind words but I have to tell you, things are worse than they look. The red one is now stripped down to the rolling chassis, (see the Buy Sell & Trade Category), and the blue one needs a lot of work.

As you must know, I'm a true Darksider by nature. Although that is the case, I still have problems with taking a really good old truck or car that would normally be a good candidate for restoration and hacking it up for my evil purposes. I also find pure restoration to be a boring exercise at best. I'm not happy unless I am modifying something. You should have read the flack I got for taking an old 1916 South Bend lathe and modernizing it it with variable DC drive motors and an auxilliary variable DC drive feed screw system.

The truth is, there won't be much original stuff left of either of the the trucks. I just like the style and looks of the '53s. I'm an old geezed and they bring back fond memories of my youth. Beyond that I have a great appreciation for the more modern systems and conveniences. I gues that coupled with my strong desire to modify, build and fabricate makes for my driving force. As my father once said, "The Force is strong in this one..."

My biggest problem now is clearing the shop for the first truck. I am still trying to get the Scoobygator done, (see the post in the Off Road Vehicles Category), and out of the shop so I can sell it. That should go some of the way toward financing the trucks.

I tend to strongly believe that I get a lot more out of building these things than driving them. I just can't resist making things work together that weren't intended to.

Latter Man...

Darkside Dave

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 am