Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

2 posters

making progress

Anonymous

making progress Empty making progress

Post  Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:36 pm

All the old bolts were rusty and several twisted off, so tomorrow I will go buy a bunch of new ones and bolt all this in.
    I'm sure I will get the pretty chrome headlight bar in too.

making progress After

heres a before pic

making progress B4
    Darkside Dave
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

making progress Empty Re: making progress

Post  Darkside Dave Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:57 pm

Man, I haven't seen one of those jacks in years. I guess they wouldn't be much good on the cars of today.
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:07 pm

That jack is a great tool.
    I bought it from an old front end shop.
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:29 pm

This is todays progress.
    Its hard to imagine that it took all day to do this
    but there is 392 bolts!!
    Actually only 50 bolts, 100 washers and 50 nuts.
    Plus the screws for the headlights.
    And removing the horrible brushed on paint from everything.

making progress 60grille
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:18 pm

I got a truck one time that had a rats nest of 3000 red wires under the dash and when you shook the mess, you got sparks....but today...

I got the parking lights out to re-install them an found out that both had the bulbs SOLDERED in!!

and that horrible off white that they brushed thickly all over the truck.
    And the perty green scum, but Soldering in the light bulbs really gets me

making progress Park
    havi
    havi

Post  havi Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:48 pm

Now that's a first! lol.

Must've been a jeweler lol!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 pm