Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

RUSTY50F1 here; HI All

RUSTY50F1

RUSTY50F1 here; HI All

Post  RUSTY50F1 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:41 am

Well Dave I'm here; I hope I feel more at home here. On the other forum I feel like an outcast. You know where I'm talking about. I hope here I can post questions and not have to worry about some body getting their panties in a wad, or getting thrown off. RUSTY Suspect Suspect
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Re: RUSTY50F1 here; HI All

Post  Darkside Dave on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:30 am

RUSTY50F1 wrote:Well Dave I'm here; I hope I feel more at home here. On the other forum I feel like an outcast. You know where I'm talking about. I hope here I can post questions and not have to worry about some body getting their panties in a wad, or getting thrown off. RUSTY Suspect Suspect

Rusty,

I can pretty much guarantee you that will not be a problem here. My whole idea in putting together this forum was to eliminate all that crap from the get-go. I do like the FTE but what I don't like is all their silly assed rules that are mainly designed to keep their membership there so that their hit count is high thus meaning higher advetising revenue. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with free enterprise and making a profit. I do have a problem with them using the methods they do. At some point I am sure they will be coming down on me for recruiting over there. Hopefully by that time I will have accumulated enough people here that will be passing on the word to others and this thing will acquire a life of it's own without my constant recruiting and intervention.

Up to this point just about everybody here has come by my invitation through e-mail and PMs. This has given me the unique ability to build a member base of people I know are into what we want here.

I admit to being mostly Ford biased but that is not necessarilly because I think they are better. Thay are what I am used to and what I get along with best. However, I have tried very hard to set this board up to avoid bias and excessive brand loyalty.

I hope you have noticed that I have stressed very strongly that I will never ask for contributions or donations. That is pure BS in my opinion. the FTE gets paid very well for advertising and they don't need the donations to exist although they try to blow smoke up everybody's ass by saying they need it to operate. I am a supporter there but I did it to get rid of the annoying ads and to get the T-shirt.

We only have the Five Simple Rules here which are just basic common sense. I doubt we will have any problem but if shit does start I will come down hard on it. All that sort of stuff cam be handled by e-mail and PMs.

This board is about the builds, not the BS. One thing I will not tolerate is an attitude like old Number Dummy on the FTE has. That superior know-it-all attitude is just not welcome here. I am sure that we can find our way around without that sort of guideance.

Enjoy the board and keep posting. If everyone does that we will do just fine here. Even if we never get over 100 people it will be great because it will be the 100 right people. Please don't misunderstand, I am in no way trying to restrict the membership here, I'm just not making an effort to drag in every warm body in order to get a big head count. I want people who are attracted to the mission of this board.

Later Man...

Post  RUSTY50F1 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:02 am

That's what I've been looking for. Sounds good. RUSTY
    havi

Post  havi on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:10 am

FTE's former management before they were overwhelmed with the number of users today, was top notch and had hardly any advertisements at all. They just simply couldn't keep up, and so they had to expand by using a third party. That meant lots of advertisements. Sad, indeed. But could happen to any forum over time. Another forum started because of the ads is this one: http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:43 am

havi wrote:FTE's former management before they were overwhelmed with the number of users today, was top notch and had hardly any advertisements at all. They just simply couldn't keep up, and so they had to expand by using a third party. That meant lots of advertisements. Sad, indeed. But could happen to any forum over time. Another forum started because of the ads is this one: http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/

Somehow I doubt we will ever get that big here. At least it would be a big surprise to me...

Later...

welcome

Post  tomget on Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:07 pm

Hi Rusty

Nice to see you here. Welcome. I too spend time at the "other" site, and I too appreciate
    the differences here and yet I did and do get a lot of help there. But sometimes I need
    the "Darkside"!! That's what we're here for.

Tomget

mafiafran

Post  mafiafran on Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:33 am

Sounds good. RUSTY

Link Building
    keyword research

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:57 pm