Darksider's Realm

(this is not a place for lazy video game freaks. We Darksiders have been around doing our thing for decades before the mindless couch blobs latched onto the term Darksider)

DARKSIDER In the world of automotive hobbyists a Darksider is one who modifies and or customizes any and all sorts of vehicles. The Darksiders are in a class of their own simply because they endeavor to be different and do things that others would not attempt for a number of reasons mostly being related to a lack of ability and fear of non conformity.

This is a forum for people who think outside the box in everything they do. It doesn’t matter if you are modifying or building from scratch. It doesn’t matter what brand or brands of vehicles or components you are using. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a mini car or a bus.

We will not be asking you for donations or any kind of monetary payments. We will be asking for help in terms moderators and encouraging you to spread the word and add to our membership.

Darksider's Realm

A message board & forum for automotive builders, fabricators and customizers who think outside the box.

the last laugh.........

55f350

the last laugh.........

Post  55f350 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:49 pm

before we begin i will be the first to say that my newest acquisition is not FAST ..... if it , the 95 bird , ran 14's i'd behappy . it'll do a burnout show like noones business but it's not fast ! now then . in between my am runs i had to go to one of the doctors this fine day for an appointment . on the way home at the corners of madison and 11th at the red light i had one of those purty shiny, supposed fast 6.0 litre hemi challengers slide up next to me . it was a dain good lookin' ride too . all decked out in orange with black stripes and interior . well i geuss this lil' yuppie snota-- thought he'd show his other three piece suit wearing buddy what a bad a-- he and his car was picking on a v-8 tbird for sport . granpa always said if they start it finish it !!! well i loaded her up against the converter to the point of it just about breaking 'em loose and when the light went green i put it throught the floor and prayed i didn't get slaughtered to bad . we both broke loose , he the worst leaving a good 10-15,000 miles worth on the road i'd bet . it gave me the advantage and i kept it floored bouncing it way off the rev limiter in all three before i shifted . he caught me , and about 3'4 of a mile up the road at the second light past where it began , had me about a 1/2 car but wasn't exactly walking away . as we approached the light turned red and the both of us locked 'em up if you will ( abs brakes to the rescue !! )and stopped . he made some smart a comment about how he tamed my mighty ford 4.6 . i looked at him and said something to the effect that it gave his a-- a run . and his buddy agreed , he just scoffed . i popped off and asked him, hey slick how much did ya pay for that all conquering mo-chine . $ 45,000 he said . i smiled and looked at him and i replied ; " yep well you just had a 200 dollar peice of sh-- give your bad a-- a run so who's laughing now ? " HIS BUDDY ! I THOUGHT HE WAS GONNA FALL OUT OF THE CAR LAUGHING AT THAT .... HE TOOK OFF GIVING IT HADES I JUST LAUGHED REALLY HARD CONTENT WITH HAVING GIVE HIM A RUN FOR IT WITH AN UGLY OLD , CHEAP CAR ....!!! i think i got the last laugh and won even though i lost Very Happy oh yeah any of you chilluns out there don't try this at home as it is stupid , illegal , and irresponsible ... Twisted Evil
    FRANKENTRUCK
    Admin

Re: the last laugh.........

Post  FRANKENTRUCK on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:33 pm

Reminds me of something I saw a couple of years ago. I was sitting at a red light behind a modest mid 60's Pontiac Bonneville and a kid pulls up beside hime in a rice burning whatever, reving it up. The light turned green and the old guy in the pontiac floored it, lit up the tires leaving the kid wondering if he had put it in reverse lol!
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:03 pm

HEY !!!

Frankentruck lives !!!

It's alive, it's alive !!!

Post  55f350 on Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:55 am

like his avatar .... reminds me of things i do to the unfortuneate vehicles in the black hole ................
    Darkside Dave
    Admin

Post  Darkside Dave on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:54 am

I was just ribbing him. Actually he is my son. He has a '53 F-100 too. He will spend countless hours on the the computer looking at stuff but it's like pulling teeth to get him to post or even answer his e-mail. Get this, he is an administrator here...

But I have to give him credit, he has helped to get this board started by figuring out how to fix some stuff and how to do things.

Maybe if enough people here will prod him along he will participate more.

Later Man...

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:55 pm

55f350, thats a great story

My first car when I was 17 years old is my 1947 Mercury.
    I put a 392 hemi in it in later years.
    There was a guy down the street from me with a 55 Chevy that was loud and I'm sure he thought it was fast.
    He would drive by and race his engine but my car would not be driveable,
    Then I'd get it running and drive by his house and see he had it apart.
    This went on for months.
    I was young and learning what it took to keep my modifications working.
    One nite I got off the Interstate at midnite and was taking a couple of back streets to my house when I came up behind him!
    As he turned onto a 4 lane city street, he saw me behind him.
    I turned and came up beside him at the red light.
    There was no doubt that we were going to race!
    When the light turned green I floored it!
    He took off while I sat still with my tires making a hugh cloud of smoke.
    I realized that I was too excited so at the next red light I was ready.
    I had been practicing how to make my car jump with a minimum of wheel spin and thats what I did.
    After I launched he was so surprised that he missed his shift.
    Next red light I made my car jump across the intersection again and ran off so easily that he knew he was wasting his effort trying to catch me.
    At the next red light I asked if he wanted to run again but it was obvious that I could jump across the intersection every time before he could begin rolling.
    good memories!
    Thanks for your story

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:36 pm